adxiehtmlDocEvents will not intercept mousevents on gmail's logo until refresh

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

adxiehtmlDocEvents will not intercept mousevents on gmail's logo until refresh

Stan S

Hello,

My addin attempts to intercept onclick event on IMG elements. It works fine, except for Gmail. On Gmail somehow it only works after I refresh the page in browser (IE9).

The code is very barebone,

this.adxiehtmlDocEvents1.SupportedEvents = AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEHTMLSupportedEvents.seImage;
this.adxiehtmlDocEvents1.OnClick += new AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEHTMLEventObjectEx_EventHandler(this.adxiehtmlDocEvents1_OnClick);
this.adxiehtmlDocEvents1.OnMouseOver += new AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEHTMLEventObject_EventHandler(this.adxiehtmlDocEvents1_OnMouseOver);
----

if I use adxiehtmlDocEvents1.Refresh() on timer, on documentcomplete event, or on progress event, it will not change anything. When i hove mouse over gmail logo, no events are generated. If I refresh the page and do the same, it works.

Btw, I will not need this technique if I can call add-in functionality from the javascript on the page. Is there a way to do that?

Stan
Posted 30 Jul, 2012 21:11:28 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Stan,

I will try to reproduce the issue with the Gmail account and let you know what can be done to implement the required functionality.
Posted 31 Jul, 2012 00:13:45 Top
Stan S

Thank you very much! btw I can see that window.external object is assigned to some com object, is it useful by the add-in-express based plugin, or is it something that IE sets for its own purpose?
Posted 31 Jul, 2012 05:09:12 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Stan,

Add-in Express doesn't use 'window.external'.
Posted 31 Jul, 2012 12:13:42 Top
Stan S

Ok thank you for the information.
If there's some bug in the COM which is avoidable, I would appreciate the solution OR your ideas how to deal with it. I can implement global mouse hook, or custom protocol, to bypass the problem myself but am not sure if there's solution to the core of the problem... so please let me know if possible. Basically, what I want to achieve is reaction from plugin when user mouseclicks on certain elements, and I have no problem attaching customary javascript there... the problem is, how to direct it back to the plugin in the least painful way.

Stan
Posted 01 Aug, 2012 17:34:29 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Stan,

Please take a look at the http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=10&TID=8813 forum thread. There you can find a sample add-in. Is it what you are looking for?
Posted 02 Aug, 2012 00:24:58 Top
Stan S

Hi Eugene,

That's exactly the answer, thank you very much! Everything works like a charm now.

Stan
Posted 02 Aug, 2012 16:03:30 Top
Eugene Astafiev

You are welcome, Stan! :-)
Posted 03 Aug, 2012 03:25:41 Top