Change script / image / iframe url before it loads in C#

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Ben Wilder

Hi there,

I need to produce and add-in that, when it is enabled, and whenever the user browses any website, looks for various elements (scripts, images and iframes) that have the following domain name in their source url : "production.fogo.com" and replaces it with "staging.fogo.com". This needs to happen before the script source is called.

Can you let me know what event to perform this on so i am early enough to change before the script is GET'd?

Can you provide an example in C#?

I have tried the BeforeNavigate2 and DocumentComplete events, but they do not work / are too late.

Regards

Isaac
Posted 07 Jun, 2012 08:15:38 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Isaac,

The current version of Add-in Express doesn't provide such functionality. If it is possible, we will add such feature to one of the next public builds of Add-in Express 8. The upcoming public build is scheduled and will be published next week (Release). After releasing our guys will do our best for adding the required feature to Add-in Express (the 8th generation).

FYI As far as I know you can get a free upgrade for the next generation of Add-in Express. If you would like to test a new version of Add-in Express please drop me an e-mail to the support e-mail address (see readme.txt for details).
Posted 07 Jun, 2012 10:30:10 Top
isaac

Thanks Eugene Astafiev - i would like to participate in the beta, as this functionality is the sole reason that i have purchased the product. I have sent an email to support as requested.

Thanks for the prompt reply
Posted 07 Jun, 2012 10:36:31 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Isaac,

Sorry, I was on the wrong avenue. It will be released next week (not in beta).

Please note that our developers will be able to take on this feature after releasing Add-in Express (the 8th generation).
Posted 07 Jun, 2012 10:42:29 Top
isaac

Hi Eugene,

Do you mean the feature i need will be released next week or that a beta phase will occur after next weeks release. If so, how soon do you estimate i would be able to beta this functionality?

Thanks
Posted 07 Jun, 2012 10:44:44 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Isaac,

I am sorry for not being clear enough. Version 8 of Add-in Express for Internet Explorer and .net will be released next week. The feature you need will not be included in the release. The coming version is on the final testing stage now that is why we cannot add any new functionality to it. We will be able to take on this feature right after the release.

I will let you know once we have any result.
Posted 07 Jun, 2012 11:01:37 Top