Update in IEToolbar

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Update in IEToolbar
ClickTwice Update 
Rafiqul Islam

Hi,
I've read al the parts of ClickTwice deployment process. Still have some questions:
1. What method should I put the update code in:
This is what I have in Code. I am using vs2010.

private void InitializeComponent()
{
this.components = new System.ComponentModel.Container();
this.adxieKeyboardCommand = new AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEKeyboardShortcut(this.components);
this.adxieAdvancedSearchBarItem = new AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEBarItem(this.components);
this.adxiehtmlDocEvents1 = new AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEHTMLDocEvents(this.components);

this.Bars.Add(this.adxieAdvancedSearchBarItem);
this.HandleShortcuts = true;
this.ModuleName = "CustomSearchForIE";
this.BeforeNavigate2 += new AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEBeforeNavigate2_EventHandler(this.IEAdvancedSearch_BeforeNavigate2);
this.DocumentComplete += new AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEDocumentComplete_EventHandler(this.IEAdvancedSearch_DocumentComplete);
this.DownloadBegin += new AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEDownloadBegin_EventHandler(this.IEAdvancedSearch_DownloadBegin);
this.OnConnect += new AddinExpress.IE.ADXIEConnect_EventHandler(this.IEAdvancedSearch_OnConnect);
this.OnSendMessage += new AddinExpress.IE.ADXIESendMessage_EventHandler(this.IEAdvancedSearch_OnSendMessage);
this.OnTabChanged += new AddinExpress.IE.ADXIETabChanged_EventHandler(this.IEAdvancedSearch_OnTabChanged);
}

2. ChckForUpdates will return the string you enter here:
What should I enter here & how this actually works?
3. If I sel ect prerequisite & select download fr om application, -- do I need to deliver .exe at all. Or .msi will do the work?
4. 3. Size of AddinExpress.IE.dll is 2.25MB. Is there any way to minimize the size?
Thanks
Rafiq
Posted 30 Dec, 2011 01:07:25 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Rafiq,

1 and 2. Please read my article here: http://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2010/04/09/clicktwice-msi-web-deployment/
It is devoted to the ClickTwice deployment and provides the code that you need to implement.
3. To minimize the size you need to implement the add-on manually using the Internet Explorer SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa753587(v=VS.85).aspx
Posted 03 Jan, 2012 03:07:51 Top