ADX Outlook Toys for VCL Code not working

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ADX Outlook Toys for VCL Code not working

Mario Vodopivec

Hello, I just purchased ADX for VCL (standard), and downloaded sample code / addin from the subject. The pre-compiled addin works, however when I compile the code, and register the dll, run the Outlook, the addin shows up in Outlook (2007), however after clicking on "show headers" or "show message" the only thing shown is a single letter ("R" for headers, "T" for message). I have a screenshot of this, but don't see an option to attach it to this forum post.

I would appreciate a quick response, as decision has to be made quickly whether to use Delphi + ADX or C# / VSTO for further development.

Delphi XE
Posted 01 Jun, 2011 12:46:15 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Mario,

Thank you for pointing us to the issue. The point is that we compiled the sample using Delphi 7, which does not support unicode strings. You are using Delphi XE, which is unicode by default. Please try to change the following code line

s := PropValue^.Value.lpszA;

to the following block:

{$IFDEF UNICODE}
s := PWideChar(PropValue^.Value.lpszA);
{$ELSE}
s := PropValue^.Value.lpszA;
{$ENDIF}

We will modify the sample later today and upload the correct version. Thank you again for pointing this out for us.
Posted 02 Jun, 2011 04:52:47 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Mario,

I have just uploaded the modified version of our sample, you can download and test it.
Posted 02 Jun, 2011 05:30:33 Top
Mario Vodopivec

That worked, thank you.
Posted 02 Jun, 2011 12:41:11 Top