Add in for Word Excel and Powerpoint in Citrix

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add in for Word Excel and Powerpoint in Citrix
Issues trying to install addin for all users in citrix 
Robert Needham

Hi

we have built an office add in that covers Word, Excel and Powerpoint. This works fine for stand alone users. But one of our customers is trying to add this to a citrix environment.

As part of the install we have an encrypted settings file which stores the users information.

The issue with this is that within the citrix environment everytime the user logs out the registery is removed. So to get around this the customer has tried to create a profile that gets applied for all users. This appears to show the icons in word but the buttons dont do anything.

I have a feeling this is due to the default profile holds a reference to a specific users settings file which will not run as they are not the logged on user.

I'm unsure as the best way to get round this can anyone provide me with some advice?

Thanks
Rob
Posted 03 Mar, 2011 10:58:32 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Robert,

Is your add-in developed for a per-user or per-machine registration? What value do you have in the RegisterForAllUsers property of your add-in module?
Posted 03 Mar, 2011 11:52:15 Top
Robert Needham

Hi Dmitry

The add-in is developed per-user, each user currently has their own log/setting file. When the RegisterForAllUsers property is set to false the addin appears (on a users PC outside of Citrix) but when set to True the Add-in installs but does not appears within office (word, excel, PowerPoint).

Thanks

Rob
Posted 08 Mar, 2011 04:59:52 Top
Sally Peck

Did you set Citrix to install mode prior to installing your Add-in?
Posted 08 Mar, 2011 16:18:33 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the details.

Who exactly installs your add-in on the Citrix server? Is it an administrator, or each Citrix user installs your add-in by themselves?
Posted 09 Mar, 2011 06:40:06 Top
Robert Needham

Hi we dont install the add-in ourselves this is done by the customers IT team who have provided me with the following information.

As discussed the addin-in will need to be able to work with Microsoft's Mandatory profiles.

- it is possible to edit the profile and inject the new configuration (which I have already tried), but this would require the configuration to be not user specific and be able to look for the configuration files of the user that is logged in. It does not appear to support this.

As part of our Citrix config we have flex profiles which allows us to control which parts of the profile (registry/files) are saved when a user logs off. If they can get it working with this, this would be the preferred option.

Any idea would be great

Thanks

Rob
Posted 16 Mar, 2011 15:37:12 Top