New user with VCL compoent and problems already

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

New user with VCL compoent and problems already

mark irving Irving

Problem 1.

After installing when I started delphi 7 it raised a error unable to load an office2000 package. Now whenever I start delphi the add-in component package is disabled.

Problem 2.

If I enable it I can do the initial demo project but I can never get the command bar in excel to work with position adxMsoBarMenuBar. Excel always raises an error on starting "Invalid property value". How do you use a non floating command bar?

Problem 3.

The command bar example zipped in the How To area compiles but just shows a blank command bar in excel.

Question.

Is it possible to merge menu items with the main menu?
Posted 09 Feb, 2006 03:16:03 Top
Eugene Starostin

Hello,

Problem 1. Please have a look at Add-in Express Requirements. Office 2000 Automation Servers should be installed.

Problem 2 and 3. Please fix the problem 1 and let us know about the results. All our sample add-ins and HOWTOs are tested.
Posted 09 Feb, 2006 05:56:23 Top
mark irving Irving

Problem 1 was as issue that for a standard delphi 7 install there is a name clash between TwordApplication in 2 packages.

Problem 2. Microsoft documentation says MsoBarMenuBar is only a valid option on Macs.

Problem 3. Your demo adxXLRuntime has a bug in that the command bar get created and is visible in Excel but is visibly empty. You must add a control.visible:=true; in order to see the controls.

Thank you for your help.
Posted 11 Feb, 2006 19:15:29 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Mark,

Problem 1: See the following topic.
http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=1&TID=29

Problem 3: Thank you for the bug report, we will fix it.

Posted 13 Feb, 2006 09:17:08 Top