[Outlook 2002] Combobox loses Text value...

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

[Outlook 2002] Combobox loses Text value...

Wim W.A. ten Brink

Workshop Alex

I have discovered another minor issue that is really irritating me. It is related to the combobox control in a commandbar. I want the user to enter some text and then click on a button. This button would then execute some action that requires this text value that the user entered.

I use a combobox because I also want to store a history of texts that the user can select from. Thus a user could just select a text that he used previously instead of entering it over again.

If I type some text, press [Enter] and then click the button, the text property turns out to be empty.

And worse, if I type some text and then click outside the combobox, it resets the text to the old value that it had. (Empty if I hadn't entered a value like in the previous step.)

I assume these are problems in Outlook and are not related to the Afalina components. So I'm just here complaining and being annoyed by this streange functionality.
-----------------------------------------------------
The same problem with the Edit control. This one too clears the contents too if the user clicks outside the control without pressing [Enter] first.
With kind regards,
\/\//\ Workshop Alex
Posted 05 Jan, 2006 06:52:27 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Wim,

This is a well known issue of all Office applications and you are not the first to run into it. We were just shocked when faced it for the first time. :-)

Posted 06 Jan, 2006 11:34:22 Top
Fernando Madruga

For Add-In-Express people: take a look here for a way to solve that: http://www.codeproject.com/macro/Extended_Outlook_Textbox.asp

Maybe you could implement that in a future ADX version... :)

Later,
Fernando Madruga
Posted 13 Jan, 2006 18:33:32 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Fernando,

Thank you for the information.

Posted 16 Jan, 2006 07:14:18 Top