[Outlook] Bars continue to exist after uninstall

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

[Outlook] Bars continue to exist after uninstall

Wim W.A. ten Brink

Workshop Alex

Hi,

I found a new issue with the Afalina components. I have build a setup for my Outlookbar project and it works fine when installing the bar. However, the user might want to uninstall the bar again but this doesn't work. I have set the bar in my project with 'Temporary=False' so Outlook will remember the position of this bar.
However, when the bar is uninstalled and thus unregistered, it will continue to remember the position of the bars, although no buttons are visible on them.

Why doesn't the unregister function remove these bars again? They are non-functional and empty, but they stay visible for the user.

(And yes, I know I can delete the file "C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outcmd.dat" but this I don't want to do!)
With kind regards,
\/\//\ Workshop Alex
Posted 02 Dec, 2005 06:30:37 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Wim,

The point is the ADX code doesn't remove any command bars and controls from Outlook when uninstalling the add-in. We took this decision at the very beginning of our work on Add-in Express, because a lot of end-users make password protection on their Outlook.

There are two ways to remove command bars. Usually we recommend the first one.

1) You can use the TadxOLExplorerCommandBar instead of TadxCommandBar with the Temporary property set to True.

2) You can remove non-temporary command bars with your own code using the example below:
http://www.add-in-express.com/projects/adx-ol-remove-command-bars-d7.zip

Posted 02 Dec, 2005 07:30:05 Top