Removal of Outlook Toolbar

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Removal of Outlook Toolbar
Methods of removing toolbar 
Cory Osborn

I see that any non-temporary Outlook toolbars created by adx are not removed during a call to DllUnregisterServer.

I would prefer not to change my toolbar to a temporary one because the captions are manipulated based on data downloaded from a website while its running and its nicer to see the captions at the same state they were in when Outlook was shut down rather than waiting for the next connect to the website.

I glanced at an example project for the .net version that showed the removal of the toolbars by using the OnBeforeAddinUnregister event. I've never used C# so I'm not positive of the code, but it looks like you're forced to fire up Outlook if its not already running and then delete the toolbars through code and close down outlook.

I was wondering if its possible to take a different approach. Is it possible to manipulate the registry and delete the toolbar? Or possibly just have it be hidden and marked as temporary so it will be deleted on the next startup and shutdown of Outlook?

Otherwise - is it possible for you to take your .net example of removal of the toolbars during the OnBeforeAddinUnregister event and convert it to VCL adx for Delphi 7?

Thanks,

Cory
Posted 08 Sep, 2005 12:09:12 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Cory,

Otherwise - is it possible for you to take your .net example of removal of the toolbars during the OnBeforeAddinUnregister event and convert it to VCL adx for Delphi 7?

I will create an example and let you know in this forum thread.

Posted 09 Sep, 2005 09:27:11 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Posted 11 Sep, 2005 11:49:48 Top
Cory Osborn

Thank you very much.
Posted 12 Sep, 2005 11:33:44 Top