Installation problem

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Installation problem
Installation 
Richard Teller

Just trying to install Add-in Express VCL to my Windows XP, Delphi 5 system. The installation looked fine (I chose only Delphi 5 files as well as demos etc). On restarting Delphi I get an error saying unable to find dclOffice2K50.bpl which is indeed not on my machine. It is follwed by an other error saying "unable to load package c:\program files....\d5units\adxwizardd5.bpl" which *is* on the machine.

Many thanks for any help!

Richard Teller
Posted 08 Sep, 2005 10:22:17 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Richard,

What Delphi version do you use (Personal/Prof/Enterprise)? See also http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=1&TID=29 topic, I think it may help.

Posted 08 Sep, 2005 10:30:37 Top

Hi Dmitry

I'm using Delphi 5 professional. I don't think the answer you point me to is going to help. I quote some of it below...

>>
To solve the problem you should do the following:
2. Go to Component|Install Packages and remove "MS Office XP Sample Automation Server Wrapper Components" (select it and click the Remove button).
3. Click the Add button, then find the dcloffice2k70.bpl file ("MS Office 2000 Sample Automation Server Wrapper Components") in the {$DELPHI}\Bin folder and click the Open button.
<<

I do not have "MS Office XP Sample etc components" installed as a package and no files of spec "dcloffice*.bpl" exist on the system anywhere.

Hope you can help.
Richard
Posted 08 Sep, 2005 13:21:13 Top
Richard Teller

Ok. Answering my own question and asking another :oops:

I found dcloffice2k50.bpl from another machine and copied it over. Then after a few problems with removing the Automation Controller Samples (thats what they're called in D5) I was up and running.

1) Made new project for PowerPoint add-in
2) TadxCommandBar added to the TadxCOMAddInModule. PowerPoint as the only supported app.
3) One TadxCommandBarButton with a caption.
4) OnClick procedure with a ShowMessage and...
5) ...added Dialogs to Uses.
6) Compiled fine.
7) Registered as ActiveX server successfully.

Fired up PowerPoint (Office Professional 2003, 11.5529.5606) and... nothing. No button. Tools->Add-ins shows no available add-ins.

I've obviously missed out a step somewhere. Many thanks for help.

Richard Teller
Posted 09 Sep, 2005 02:46:17 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Richard,

What value do you set to the SupportedApps property of your AddInModule and your TadxCommandBar component?

Posted 09 Sep, 2005 02:59:55 Top
Richard Teller

SupportedApps = [ohaPowerPoint]
Posted 09 Sep, 2005 06:19:31 Top
Richard Teller

Perhaps I should mention
a) I have CodeRush v5.03e Std installed in Dephi.
b) There is a custom toolbar in PowerPoint from a product called Camtasia Studio but this does not appear in the PowerPoint AddIns list which as I mentioned is empty.

Many thanks for the help
Posted 09 Sep, 2005 06:26:09 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Richard,

1. On the PowerPoint Tools menu, click Customize. On the Commands tab in the Customize dialog box, click Tools in the Categories list. Drag the COM Add-ins button to your toolbar. Close the Customize dialog box. Click the COM Add-ins button to open the COM Addins dialog box.

2. Could you please send me your project for testing?

Posted 09 Sep, 2005 06:48:44 Top
Richard Teller

I should mention just to complete the thread that I had set SupportedApps for the AddInModule but had not set it for the TadxCommandBar component.
Posted 03 Oct, 2005 09:07:37 Top