Database Access

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Database Access

Nathan

Hi, I'm thinking of purchasing your product as it may provide an easy technical solution to our current Outlook Integration project. Basically we have a Delphi 7 application communicating with an Interbase database. We want to be able to perform certain functions vis a vis emails in Outlook via an Outlook toolbar button. The details of these functions then need to be stored in our database.

Can I dump our interbase components into one of these com objects and expect it to work? If yes, we're buying.
Posted 31 Aug, 2005 02:40:39 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nathan,

We don't have Interbase server installed that is why we can't test standard Delphi interbase components but we have tested add-ins with TDatabase, TTable, TQuery, etc. components and everything works.

Can I dump our interbase components into one of these com objects and expect it to work?

Let's try to carry out some testing. If you don't mind let's continue via email. Please send me a mail.
Posted 01 Sep, 2005 07:43:44 Top
Nathan

Ah, we got impatient and went ahead and bought it anyway. It seems to work with IB-Objects. Have tested with a basic:

try
ibodatabase1.Connect;
IBOQuery1.ExecSQL;
finally
if ibodatabase1.Connected then
begin
ShowMessage('Database is Connected');
end
else begin
ShowMessage('Database aint Connected');
end;
end;

No hiccups so far.
Posted 01 Sep, 2005 23:43:41 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nathan,

I am very glad to hear it, good luck with your work.

Posted 02 Sep, 2005 07:18:17 Top