Outlook Integration - Example code, anyone?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Integration - Example code, anyone?

Myles Wakeham

I have Add-In Express working great in Outlook. I have my own code running off an Explorer button, and its wonderful. However now that I have that working, how can I interact with the Outlook object model? I need to do the following:

1. Create Contacts, Tasks and Calendar Items
2. Lookup Contacts, Tasks and Calendar Items
3. Update Contacts, Tasks and Calendar Items

etc.

Is there any example code around that shows how a Delphi application developed as an Outlook Add-In can interact with the Outlook Object Model? Are there any good books on this topic that anyone could recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Myles
Posted 30 Jun, 2005 17:42:43 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Myles,

Is there any example code around that shows how a Delphi application developed as an Outlook Add-In can interact with the Outlook Object Model?

What Add-in Express License do you have? If it is Professional or Premium then contact us via email and we will create the example you need.

Are there any good books on this topic that anyone could recommend?

"Microsoft Outlook Programming" by Sue Mosher
http://www.add-in-express.com/books.php
Posted 01 Jul, 2005 07:48:34 Top
Myles Wakeham

I don't need you to write me anything. Just to see an example of code that does this. I think I have it worked out, but any example is helpful. I have a Professional license of Add-In Express VCL. I've downloaded what examples you have on your site, and others and see the inclusion of 'Outlook 2000' in the Uses clause of Delphi applications, but can't find any reference of how to work with this code. If you can point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.

Myles
Posted 01 Jul, 2005 09:11:34 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Myles,

I think if you have downloaded our examples and didn't find what you need, we will have to create an example for you. Please contact us via email and describe the task in detail.
Posted 01 Jul, 2005 10:44:23 Top
Jason Coley

Hi Myles,

Do you know about the OutlookApp object you can access most things from there, its a object available from within the adidn. From there its pretty much just Object model stuff to get to what you need.
Posted 04 Jul, 2005 15:19:00 Top
Abdul Basit

AccuPlan developer

Dmitry,

Why won't you release this sample code so that rest of the users can benefit from it too?

Believe me this bad business to hold your customers hostage by not sharing with them what could be usefull.

You can probably bundle advanced samples for $100 or so if you need them to pay extra money.
Posted 03 Dec, 2006 20:00:56 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your idea.

Posted 04 Dec, 2006 05:55:41 Top
Trevor Pegley

I too would hope to see more examples showing how to use all be features but IMO the $100 is not a good idea. You cannot sell a tool without instructions on how to use it. The tool would be useless which makes the instructions essential. Hence the real cost of would be the tool plus the instructions which would be too high.

OTOH I am interested in how much development you would do for the cost of a Premium support license ;)
Posted 13 Dec, 2006 08:19:47 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Trevor,

We've refreshed Getting Started for Add-in Express VCL. It is currently available for Professional and Premium users only because ADX.VCL 2007 is in the limited beta-testing stage. If you write me directly using the link at the left of this message, I will send you Getting Started for ADX.VCL 2007 in pdf format.

Also, we include the samples described in Getting Started to the ADX.VCL 2007 setup package.

As to Class Reference, I believe we will finish it by the end of January.
Posted 13 Dec, 2006 09:04:07 Top