MS Word 2003 and Addin

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

MS Word 2003 and Addin

Gürcan YÜCEL

Hi,
Im usind D7 Ent. And Im not sure the version of Add-in Express but in whats new section it talks about build 228. Working on windows XP.
I had a word,excel,pp addin. There is a command bar and there is a commandbarpopup on it. And there is commandbarbuttons on in. All of them temporary property set to false.

When I first register add in from command line, there is no problem. I use the add in for a while.(couple of days) Then Add in begins to dont work. Menu items is there but not functional. I unregister it and reregister from command line. Then Ms Word add in disappears. In the registry, I can see the lines about exel and pp and they are functional. But there is no word add in.

I search for normal.dot for office 2003. But cant find.

When I uninstall and re install ms office, everything works fine.

How can I fix the problem? What must I do?

Thanks.
Posted 25 May, 2005 03:25:30 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Gürcan,

First of all you can see the ADX version number by right clicking on the Add-in Module in design-time and choosing the About menu item.

How can I fix the problem? What must I do?

Strange problem. Do you have the OnAfterAddinRegister event handler in your code? Also please check the list of disabled add-ins (Help -> About MS Office Word -> Disabled Items), may be for some reasons it got there.

Posted 25 May, 2005 06:41:32 Top
Gürcan YÜCEL

Hi Dmitry,
I looked for the version. Its 2.3.0.228. Im using this addin as a part of my document archiving product. It runs on word,excel,ppt and all the properties that I need to run are set to true.
I have several events according to program and for all program there are beforeclose,windowactivate events exists. In this events Im changing the enable property of buttons.
In windows 2000 and office 2000, there is no problem up to now. The problem is in wXP and Office 2003. Last time in XP, I registered from command line and saw that in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office lines. in ppt and exel, there are the lines related with my addin but in word there is no.
The strange thing is same addin works fine on office 2000, for the first times also in 2003. But in couple of days later, its not working. When I unregister and reregister it, the word toolbar disappears.
Any idea?
Posted 26 May, 2005 02:33:29 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Gürcan,

May be there is something wrong with the windows registry? Could you please run the code below on the PC where you got such behavior. Add-in Express uses the similar code to ensure that the target host application is installed on the PC.

var
  C: TGUID;
begin
  if CLSIDFromProgID(PWideChar(WideString('Word.Application')), C) 
<>
 S_OK then
    ShowMessage('Word is not installed!');

Posted 26 May, 2005 07:01:36 Top
Gürcan YÜCEL

Hi Dmitry,
I write the code and run on tne pc that has a problem. Its installed.:(
Posted 26 May, 2005 09:43:26 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Gürcan,

Could you please open Word on the problem PC, go to Help -> About Microsoft Office Word and click the Disabled Items button. Do you see your add-in in the list? Are you able to debug on that PC?

Posted 26 May, 2005 10:24:12 Top
Gürcan YÜCEL

Hi Dmitry,
I looked for the Disabled Items and yes you are right. Its there!!!. I dont know why but its there. When I click for the enable, it works fine. There is no problem.
I did not add my addin to disabled Items. Dou you know why its there?
Thanks for the help.
Posted 28 May, 2005 02:08:58 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Gürcan,

Dou you know why its there?

If an add-in causes a host application crash then on the next start of the host application that add-in gets into Disabled Items list if the user confirms this in the dialog box that appears.
Posted 29 May, 2005 05:48:54 Top
Gürcan YÜCEL

Thanks Dmitry,
You are as fast as the wind.:)

A Happy Customer:)
Posted 30 May, 2005 08:10:18 Top