Designer created Popup not appearing

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Designer created Popup not appearing

Geoff

Hi,

I'm finding that popup control bars created thru the designer are not displaying their child controls in Outlook at runtime. Populating the popup control button thru code, rather than thru the designer, seems to work fine though.

Using D7.1 Ent, latest public ADX VCL (as of today, just purchased), Outlook 2003 SP1.

Project is just a TadxOlInspectorCommandBar containing a TadxCommandBarPopup & one TadxCommandButton. The TadxCommandBarPopup's "Controls" were populated thru the Object Inspector property editor.

Hope this is clear enough :)

Any suggestions?
Posted 13 May, 2005 02:21:32 Top
Geoff

Forgot to mention that the TadxCommandBarPopup's "Controls" contains three child buttons. eg:

TadxOlInspecterCommandBar
TadxCommandBarPopup
TadxCommandBarButton
TadxCommandBarButton
TadxCommandBarButton

Posted 13 May, 2005 02:23:28 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Geoff,

What Add-in Express version do you have installed? Could you please try the test project below and let me know about the results.

http://www.add-in-express.com/projects/adx-ol-insp-popup.zip
Posted 13 May, 2005 06:39:55 Top
Geoff

Dmitry,

Supposedly version 2.2 according to the link on your website however the Delphi 7 Package List shows v2.1. I've just uninstalled & reinstalled from the v2.2 package and it is unchanged.

As to opening your project, I recieved quite a few property not found streaming errors (ie TadxCommandBarPopup.olExplorerItemTypes - property of olExplorerItemTypes does not exist). Ignoring these and saving the DFM and rebuilding works ok.

The very FIRST time I started Outlook after registering your demo, the popups worked fine. On future restarts, no good. The result is a menu "Test Popup" which drops down with no options.

Any ideas? Something really weird is going on on my end I would say...
Posted 16 May, 2005 02:21:15 Top
Geoff

Just a follow up to that, it seems all popup menus work fine first time. Exit Outlook, restart - no popup.

Created a few different projects - seems the same. Delete the popup items, add new ones, restat Outlook - visible, restart a 2nd time - not visible.
Posted 16 May, 2005 02:34:55 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Geoff,

Do you use MS Word as a default e-mail editor? Could you please download and install the latest version of Add-in Express (now it is 2.3 Public Preview) and try to test your project or example project. Looking forward to hear about your results.

Posted 16 May, 2005 07:10:35 Top
Geoff

Yes, MSWord is default email editor. Will download 2.3 preview and try tommorrow. I'll let you know!

Cheers,
Geoff.
Posted 16 May, 2005 07:36:24 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Geoff,

I have just tested it with MS Word as a default e-mail editor and see the same. Now I going to research what happens in this case and try to fix the issue.

Posted 16 May, 2005 09:30:27 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Geoff,

The problem is command bar controls placed in the popup are stored by MS Word in its normal.dot template. In the next start these controls exist regardless the Temporary parameter. Moreover, they get a wrong parent, i.e. they do not belong to this popup. The possible solution is forced deleting of these controls when MS Word closes. I have just uploaded a new example.

http://www.add-in-express.com/projects/adx-ol-insp-popup.zip

Posted 17 May, 2005 07:55:44 Top
Geoff

Hey Dmitry,

Thanks for that. I might just stay with runtime creation of the menus for now but glad to hear there's a way around it.

Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Geoff
Posted 19 May, 2005 00:13:52 Top