TadxCommandbarComboBox

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

TadxCommandbarComboBox
Showing glyphs and wrapping text 
Nicholas Glasier

Is there any way to access the canvas property of a CommandbarCombobox in order to display a glyph to the left of the text like the ComboBoxEx component in Delphi (Win32 palette) can do. It would also be nice to be able to wrap text.

Regards Nick
Posted 02 Mar, 2005 21:20:14 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nick,

I am afraid there is no way to do what you need. Unfortunately.

Posted 03 Mar, 2005 07:47:26 Top
Nicholas Glasier

Ok Dmitry, thanks anyway, maybe in a later version

Regards Nick
Posted 03 Mar, 2005 15:09:24 Top
Nicholas Glasier

Just a thought Dmitry, if I can't do what I want with the combobox, is there any way to find out the position of a commandbar button at run-time, in screen co-ordinates preferably? If I could do that I could make a form pop up underneath it with controls that would give me the features I want.
Posted 04 Mar, 2005 05:18:24 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nick,

Ok Dmitry, thanks anyway, maybe in a later version

I am afraid it will not be in a later version because it is not our limitation but MS guys'.

Regarding the position of a command bar button at run-time see the Left and Top properties.

Posted 04 Mar, 2005 06:37:44 Top
Nicholas Glasier

Thanks for that Dmitry. I find that Delphi's code insight doesn't work very well when casting a Commandbar control as a particular type, I don't get the little list of properties and methods etc after typing a full stop, so I hadn't seen those properties.

I notice that if I populate a combobox at run-time, the valuesare reloaded the next time the host app is run and the add-in is loaded. Where is this stuff being stored, is it in the registry?

Regards Nick
Posted 04 Mar, 2005 17:32:40 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nick,

I notice that if I populate a combobox at run-time, the valuesare reloaded the next time the host app is run and the add-in is loaded. Where is this stuff being stored, is it in the registry?

It depends on a host application, e.g. MS Word stores them in the normal.dot file. I think it is not critical where they are stored because we as developers get access to these properties via the Object Model and this way we determine if they will be stored or will not be.

Posted 05 Mar, 2005 11:10:03 Top