Strange Tab Problem - Inspector ADX pane

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Strange Tab Problem - Inspector ADX pane
Press tab on keyboard cursor moves about 10 times 
Jason Coley

Hi there,

Can someone check this one for me, I have a simple ADX form pane added to contact inspector, actually I have a few of them now.

When I press the tab key to go to the next control on the form, the tab appears to be pressed about 10 times. I have checked in the Form KeyDown event with key preview turned on and it is in fact being activated quite a few times.

I have checked this on other addins I have created and they all have this behaviour?

Jason
Posted 27 Apr, 2007 01:03:34 Top
Jason Coley

Another thing, with the keyboard. I have some cotnrols with a label and the focus control set to the control next to them, then try to use the keyboard accelerator to move to the control and all i get is a beep?
Posted 27 Apr, 2007 01:05:03 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hi Jason,

I can not reproduce this behaviour in my environment (Outlook 2003).

What Outlook version do you use?
What Add-in Express Extensions version do you have? (See the About context menu on the ADXOlFormsManager component)
Please, make sure the TADXOlForm.KeyPreview property is False.

>Another thing, with the keyboard. I have some cotnrols with a label and >the focus control set to the control next to them, then try to use the >keyboard accelerator to move to the control and all i get is a beep?

What HotKey do you use?
I have tryed TLabeledEdit with the La&beledEdit1 caption. Alt+b works perfectly.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 27 Apr, 2007 06:50:08 Top
Jason Coley

Hi,

Using Outlook 2003 and 2007, I shall create a new adidn with no code, just in case there is some problem caused by my code.

Using the latest ADX VCL 3.1.0383 version 3.4.222

Jason
Posted 28 Apr, 2007 05:52:39 Top
Jason Coley

Hmm, still does this with just a standard form, with 10 controls on it. Does the same thing in WinXP with Outlook 2003 and Vista with Outlook 2007.

I am using standard TEdit and TLabel controls. Key Preview is set to false.

Where can i send a test project.

Jason
Posted 29 Apr, 2007 16:39:09 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Please, send a test project to the support email.
Posted 30 Apr, 2007 05:36:40 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Jason,

I have reproduced the 'keyboard accelerator' problem with 3.4.222 version.
It will be fixed in the next public release.

Unfortunately I can not reproduce the Tab problem.
Does this add-in contain the Tab problem?
Posted 02 May, 2007 05:15:47 Top
Jason Coley

OK the Tab problem seems to have something to do with the number of controls on a form, from what I can tell anyway.

With Outlook 2007 running under vista...

I have an inspector pane with four TEdits, when I click on tab the cursor moves 7 times.

I have entered a '0' in the TEdits, then on the OnEnter Event set some code to increment the numbers by one. When I click in field 1 its number goes to 1, then i press TAB and all the fields increment to 2, basically moving the cursor 7 times. If I add more TEdits, the number of movements is still 7. This is really weird, I am not using any third party controls and no other code running, I have sent a test addin with this and also the source.

the same addin running under WinXP virtual PC with Outlook 2003, the cursor is moving 4 times...so strange.

Then tried it on two other machines, one vista ultimate, one vista business and both work correctly, only the one movement, I am really stuck on this one, maybe I have to reinstall my dev machine?

I will keep on looking....
Posted 02 May, 2007 18:44:34 Top
Jason Coley

OK, after reinstalling my system, found the problem...maybe.

If I have one addin installed into Outlook, press Tab, the cursor moves once. If I have two addins cursor moves twice, if I have three then it moves three times.

It seems the more addins I have installed (i.e. the more Form Managers I have the more times the cursor moves).

Whew, so hoepfully you can now reproduce this and find the fix.
Posted 03 May, 2007 00:29:50 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Thanks Jason,

I have reproduced this issue and we will fix it.
Posted 03 May, 2007 04:02:19 Top