How to add new Ribbon elements to existing standard RibbonTabs?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

How to add new Ribbon elements to existing standard RibbonTabs?

Andrei Jugovic

Hi!

A few days ago I tried to add new menu items to existing menus in the Outlook menu bar. Thanks to your help that was no problem at all.

Now I am trying to do the same with existing RibbonTabs. Is it possible to add a new RibbonGroup to an existing standard RibbionTab? Is it possible to add new Control to an existing RibbonGroup on an existing RibbonTab?

There is no OfficeID property for RibbonControl like for CommandBarControls. So I cannot transfer the solution you gave me few days ago to this new problem.

I tried to find out a little bit more about the RibbonControl using the BuildInControlScanner.exe and the OutlookSpy. I did find a CommandBar with the name "Ribbon", but both programs do not give detail information about different RibbonTabs or other Ribbon elements.

Thank you
Andrei
Posted 20 Apr, 2007 06:54:38 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Andrei.

Is it possible to add a new RibbonGroup to an existing standard RibbionTab?

Yes, it is possible. You just need to set the IdMso property to the ID of the built-in Ribbon tab.

Is it possible to add new Control to an existing RibbonGroup on an existing RibbonTab?

No, it is not possible. But you can replace the existing built-in group with your own group that contains the same built-in Ribbon controls.

I tried to find out a little bit more about the RibbonControl using the BuildInControlScanner.exe and the OutlookSpy. I did find a CommandBar with the name "Ribbon", but both programs do not give detail information about different RibbonTabs or other Ribbon elements.

The fact is that the Ribbon UI is not accessible via the Object Model of Office applications.

Please read the following articles devoted to the Ribbon UI:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms376611.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4329D9E9-4D11-46A5-898D-23E4F331E9AE&displaylang=en

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them. Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 20 Apr, 2007 09:32:58 Top
mick macca

How do you add new menu items to existing menus - can you please add some details here?
Posted 20 May, 2007 00:22:58 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Mick,

I am afraid I don't quite understand your question. Do you need to modify a menu bar of an Office 2000-2003 application or do you need to modify a native Office 2007 menu control?

Posted 21 May, 2007 04:30:34 Top