Cant use Add in express unregisterd version after GPF

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Cant use Add in express unregisterd version after GPF
in wizard ADX com GPF at the last screen + message unregisterd version 
CLAEYS Benoit

-Using D7, Add in express VCL standard version installed (+ key as received Release 2007.3.3.)
-After many installations problems. (Solution found in forum :"Problem after installing ADX VCL", I remove "MS Office XP Sample Automation Server Wrapper" in package)
- Now I follow then Wizard ADX com. I have a GPF in the last screen, no OK button and a message "Unregistered version"...?

I uninstall the package (via control panel)
And install again de software again (3x, trying only D7 or ALL) with the received key. Each time system answer me : "activation process success."
But each time, same error.

please help
(mabe the self solution found for my installation problems is on cause ?)

Best regards
Benoit

Posted 28 Feb, 2007 06:37:09 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Benoit,

Let's check all the steps you made.

1. Our records show that you bought the following products:
- Add-in Express 2007 for Microsoft .net, Standard
- Security Manager 2007 for Microsoft Outlook, Standard

Did you buy correct products? If you ordered wrong products, please send me a private e-mail using the link on the left of this message and I will help you get the right product(s).

2. You went to http://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/adxnet.php and downloaded the following setup file: adxnet-v303-b1867-vs-std.zip. The file is labeled as Add-in Express 2007 for .NET, Standard package.

If you downloaded a different file, please follow the link above and download the correct file.

3. You installed and activated Add-in Express 2007 for Microsoft .net, Standard using the license key that started with "24Q".

If all above is correct but you still cannot use Add-in Express 2007 for Microsoft .net, Standard, please send me a private e-mail using the link on the left of this message and I will help you.
Posted 28 Feb, 2007 07:24:45 Top
Fernando Madruga

Sounds more like a mismatched purchase...
I know there was a .Net Preview or something for D7, but this looks as if it was a wrong purchase! Who's going to do .net on D7?

I purchased the .net version as I was planning on going .net but found it too troublesome and when I downloaded the VCL version and entered that code (prior to making the switch), it was accepted as valid, yet the product VCL version would not load in Delphi (wrong code, after all)! ;)

You could fix that installer accepting valid codes for other products because the product will then "mysteriously" not load when the message given to the user was that the code was ok! Just a suggestion...

Later,
Madruga

BTW: Your support has been very good so far!

[EDIT]: Minor rephrasing to remove duplicate ideas... :)
Posted 28 Feb, 2007 18:09:36 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Madruga,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will try to fix this.

Posted 01 Mar, 2007 04:34:24 Top
Hopeton Palmer

I also have a problem with the wrong version. I ordered VCL but got .Net. I downloaded VCL anyway and apply registration code. The code was accepted in the installation but then I got the "...is not a valid Widows file image" error. I have already sent an email to support. Could you please help?
Posted 20 Mar, 2007 17:41:36 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Hopeton,

I hope you will get a new registration code by email soon.
Posted 21 Mar, 2007 06:41:22 Top