Possible focus problem

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Possible focus problem

Jason Coley

OK I have two right pane addins in the Outlook explorer. I use the pane switcher to switch to anoterh pane addin. Then CTRL+Shift+M to create a new mail message and it doesn't work. So it doens't allow keyboard shortcuts as the focus isn't with Outlook.

It seems as though the focus is left with swticher, so if it could be made to go to the actual addin pane that has been swtiched to it should fix the problem.

I can repro this in Outlook 2003 and 2007.

Jason
Posted 02 Feb, 2007 16:05:35 Top
Jason Coley

Actually this is worse than I thought...

I have an addin that shows details of the selected contact, if I click in the pane on the right, Outlook is losing its focus and the selected contact.

So...

I select John Bloggs, the pane shows John Bloggs details, then I click in the pane, the focus is changed, but also the SelectionChange event is also being fired, this didn't happen prior to the version I have, which is currently the one with the new smart splitter. Now because the SelectionChange event is being fired the details in the pane on the right are clearing.

It is hard to describe, but this is certainly new behaviour since the intervention of the smart splitter. This is reproducable on Outlook 2003 and 2007.

Posted 02 Feb, 2007 16:53:56 Top
Jason Coley

As a side note I use an Exchange Extension callback to get the selected contacts details.

hr := lpeecb.GetSelectionItem ....
If Failed(hr) then goto cleanup;

hr := lpSession.OpenEntry...
If Failed(hr) then goto cleanup; ///////this is showing as failed

The OpenEntry fails, this all used to work fine, can anyone shed some light as to why this is happening?

Jason
Posted 02 Feb, 2007 17:11:49 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hi Jason,

Exchange Extension

Sorry, I can not help you in the matter.

... CTRL+Shift+M ...,
...the SelectionChange event is also being fired...

I can not reproduce this behaviour.
Could you please create couple test add-ins with the dll files with the same behavior and send it to me.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 05 Feb, 2007 06:58:56 Top