Data Module Problems

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Data Module Problems

David Anson

I am building an application which reads ASCII text e-mails which have been sent from forms on our corporate website, it sucks out the relevant information, stores it in a temporary Paradox database and then processes the database to load the contact information into Act and send an e-mail reply to the sender of the form. All the Paradox databases are accessed in the code by use of a data module which has a TDatabase component and even an alias.

Due to the problems of trying to debug a DLL I have spent some time getting the functionality working by creating a temporary executable which uses the units that do the processing and feeds them specimen ASCII text e-mails. All is working well until I call the same units in the DLL.

Act fires up and works properly but the DLL is having problems with the data module and is throwing up an access violation (I know this is where the problem lies because of EurekaLog).

The DLL compiles properly - the data module is defined in the library unit, is declared in the uses clause after implementation in the IMPL unit and I have even tried it in the TLB unit to no avail (although I have now taken it out). I have also tried adding db and dbtables to the interface Uses clause in the IMPL unit but all to no avail.

Any ideas to stop me going crazy?

Thanks.

David Anson
Posted 17 Dec, 2004 10:26:45 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hello David,

Well, I see more or less detailed description of your problem but as you can understand I need more specific details to be able to help you. Since your problem is very specific I think it will hardly be interesting for other forum readers. So I suggest you to contact us via email and provide all possible details related to the issue (type of exception, when it arises, may be a test project with the same exception, all that you think necessary). We will do our best to help you.
Posted 17 Dec, 2004 11:57:24 Top
David Anson

After a good night's sleep and some time away from the problem it came to me in a flash this morning. The data module had been created in the .dpr file of the test exe used during development so was not being created when the units were then used in the DLL.

David Anson
Posted 18 Dec, 2004 13:46:19 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hello David,

I also quite often find myself in similar situations but good ideas usually come to me on my way home from work. :D
Posted 20 Dec, 2004 05:41:58 Top