ADXVCL 2007, form splitter

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

ADXVCL 2007, form splitter

Jason Coley

Hi there,

I have two panes showing on a contact form, and the splitter set to sbNone, but i can still see and use the splitter in the outlook contact form, how am i suppossed to disabled the splitters?

Basically i don't want the user to be able to resize the pane.

I am using the 2nd release versions of the controls, BDS 2006 all updates and Outlook 2007.

Jason
Posted 23 Jan, 2007 21:47:07 Top
Fedor Shihantsov

Hi Jason,

There is no possibility to disable a splitter and change the size of ADXOlForm programmatically in the latest version of Add-in Express Extensions.
We've changed our favours from the developer to the user. That is, only the user is allowed to change the form size. In the next version we will add the Smart Splitter functionality that will allow the user to minimize/restore the from region. No programmable interface, too.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 24 Jan, 2007 04:03:59 Top
Jason Coley

So there will be no way to disable a splitter in the new system? :(

It is nice if a form region (in contact forms) can be locked, if there is no reason to resize them to take this option away from the user.

Jason
Posted 24 Jan, 2007 22:15:12 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Jason,

So there will be no way to disable a splitter in the new system? :(

Yes.

It is nice if a form region (in contact forms) can be locked, if there is no reason to resize them to take this option away from the user.

We turned this functionality off considering the situation when several add-ins show their forms in the same region. Naturally, the forms are of different size. You can see that the splitter becomes a common part of these forms and the best way is to let the user control the splitter. In the opposite case you (or me) will disable the splitter and the user will not be able to see parts of the other forms in the same region.
Posted 25 Jan, 2007 06:48:32 Top
Jason Coley

I wonder if each Form could have a minimum size, so that the user can resize the smart splitter down to the highest minimum size. This way developers can ensure that at least their addin can display correctl;y knowing a minimum size?

Posted 25 Jan, 2007 16:00:36 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Jason,

If the form is shown at the top or at the bottom of an Outlook window, the minimal height is 10 px.

If the form is shown at the left or at the right of an Outlook window, the minimal width is 10 px.

Hope this helps.
Posted 29 Jan, 2007 06:14:10 Top
Jason Coley

ok 10px is too small to show anything though, so programming a pane to use 10px isn't much help.

If each pane could have a minimum size entered and the splitter used the largest of the values then all panes would be visible correctly.

Addin 1, minimum to show controls properly = 75px

Addin 2, minimum to show controls properly = 100px

so the panes minimum width that can be shown without hiding the pane would be 100px, this way ensuring that all addins can show their details.

I'm talking about the absolute minimum the pane can be before the controls can't be viewed or worked correctly.

This could be achienved with two propertys minimum height/width (height for top/bottom panes and width for left and right panes). Ans then the pane getting the largest sizes for the addins installed.

Your new smart pane will have some sort of click button to hide/show the pane? Not sure, havne't seen any screen shots to see exactly what you have planned.

Jason
Posted 30 Jan, 2007 13:12:44 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Jason,

Sorry for the belated reply: I caught cold and was unable to answer.

Currently, we are considering to make a move back and allow developers to change the form size. But it will be possible if the Splitter property of the corresponding item is set to None.

Your thoughts?
Posted 06 Feb, 2007 13:00:50 Top
Jason Coley

ok well that sounds good, it will solve the problem I have on my contact forms.

What happens if you have two addins, one with the splitter set to None?

Jason
Posted 06 Feb, 2007 19:19:20 Top
Jason Coley

I do still like my idea for each addin to have a minimum size that can be set, and the splitter uses this as its miminum size.

Jason
Posted 06 Feb, 2007 19:20:33 Top