Plans for Add-in Express for Turbo Delphi Pro?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Plans for Add-in Express for Turbo Delphi Pro?

Fernando Madruga

I'm planning on adding some more people to my team and the difference in cost between BDS 2006 Pro and Turbo Delphi 2006 Pro is "just" 10x!

Yes, I know BDS has a whole lot of stuff in it, but for my current and near future projects, Turbo Delphi Pro will do, as long as ADX works in it! And at 2700 ? savings for each new developer that I add to the team... :)

Fernando Madruga
Posted 06 Jan, 2007 20:55:48 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Fernando,

Add-in Express VCL directly supports Delphi for Microsoft Win32 from Borland Developer Studio 2006. Since Turbo Delphi Pro is a "cut-off" of BDS 2006, Add-in Express supports it automatically. BTW, even version info of these two products coincide. What makes you anxious?

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.

Posted 08 Jan, 2007 11:45:04 Top
Fernando Madruga

Thanks for the info. I just noticed that the euro sign got displayed as ?... :) The advantage of using TDP versus BDS is around 2700 euros savings per each developer... :)

Thanks,
Fernando Madruga

BTW: Did you "try" installing ADX in TDP? Will the default installer recognize TDP and properly install there or will I have to manually install the packages?
Posted 08 Jan, 2007 14:25:25 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Fernando,

BTW: Did you "try" installing ADX in TDP? Will the default installer recognize TDP and properly install there or will I have to manually install the packages?

Yes, the installation was successful with no problems.

BTW, I'd like to let you know that it looks like that TDP developers destroyed something in the Type Library Editor when they were cutting off the normal BDS. After creating the COM Add-in project, there is no chance to change the add-in type library. The same applies to all projects created in earlier Delphi versions. But all old add-in projects can be compiled and works.

Posted 09 Jan, 2007 08:23:52 Top