Problem after installing ADX VCL

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Brian Goldberg

After I installed ADX VCL I now get this error when opening Delphi 7:
Registration procedure, Register2000.Register in package C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\dclOffice2k70.bpl raised exception class EFileError: A class named TWordApplication already exists.
Then I get the following:
Can't load package C:\Program Files\Add-in Express\Add-in Express VCL\packages\delphi7\adxwizardd7.bpl. Registration procedure, Register2000.Register in package C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\Bin\dclOffice2k70.bpl raised exception class EFileError: A class named TWordApplication already exists.

What do I need to do to fix this problem?
Posted 02 Jan, 2007 19:43:04 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Brian,

I think you have installed "MS Office XP Sample Automation Server Wrapper Components" and if you follow this link http://www.add-in-express.com/add-in-delphi/requirements.php you will see that MS Office 2000 Sample Automation Server Wrapper Components should be installed.

To solve the problem you should do the following:
1. Close all opened projects.
2. Go to Component|Install Packages and remove "MS Office XP Sample Automation Server Wrapper Components" (select it and click the Remove button).
3. Click the Add button, then find the dcloffice2k70.bpl file ("MS Office 2000 Sample Automation Server Wrapper Components") in the {$DELPHI}\Bin folder and click the Open button.
4. Click the OK button to close the Default Project Options dialog.
5. Restart your Delphi.

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.
Posted 03 Jan, 2007 04:40:08 Top
Abdul Basit

AccuPlan developer

Dmitry,

Most people encounter this problem (including me) and get frustrated. I think it should be added to the insall instructions as "Read this First".

Posted 05 Jan, 2007 10:10:34 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Posted 05 Jan, 2007 10:46:56 Top