Compiler error

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Compiler error
Compiler looking for pas in the \delphi7 folder 
Abdul Basit

AccuPlan developer

Installed OK in Delphi7. but compiler generates this error when trying to compile.
File not found c:\Delphi7\3p\ADX\packages\delphi7\adxolFormmanager.pas.
This file was installed in c:\Delphi7\3p\ADX\packages\source\
if I copy it to the delphi7 directory it shows as garbage.

I added path to \source with no luck..

PLease Please Please... Why do you have to make things so hard for the first time paid users.

Develop first application in 15 minutes ???? what a crock..

Posted 03 Dec, 2006 14:30:59 Top
Richard Stevens

You sure you've got the right versions? That sounds like the error I originally got when I first installed the software, and it turned out I'd downloaded the pro version instead of the developer.

Stick with it. I'm not affiliated with Add In Express but I've been impressed so far, and their support is excellent.

Richard

Posted 03 Dec, 2006 16:21:53 Top
Abdul Basit

AccuPlan developer

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled boht VCL and form extensions with no luck.. many times.

Posted 03 Dec, 2006 20:11:33 Top
Abdul Basit

AccuPlan developer

May be this is causing the problem...

After install when I start Delphi I get this error, Cant load packge adxwizardd7.bpl. Registration procedure Register 2000.Register in borland\delphi7\bin\dcloffice2k70.bpl raised exception class error. A class named TWordApplication already exists.
Posted 03 Dec, 2006 20:52:15 Top
Nicholas Glasier

This error - A class named TWordApplication already exists - is caused by not uninstalling the Office XP server components that come with Delphi 7. Addin Express has components with the same names, and Delphi can't load both.

1. After Delphi has loaded, go to Components menu and click on Install Packages

2. Scroll down the list, you will see that the Addin Express package does not have it's checkbox ticked, leave it for the moment and continue to scroll down until you find the Microsoft Office XP Sample Automation Servers package.

3. HighLight it and and click the Remove button.

4. Close and restart Delphi. The Addin Express components can now be loaded.

As far as samples are concerned you can find them on the Afalina website, and more are added whenever any-one asks

http://www.add-in-express.com/support/addin-delphi.php

Hope this helps

Nick
Posted 03 Dec, 2006 21:20:44 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Abdul,

Installed OK in Delphi7. but compiler generates this error when trying to compile.
File not found c:\Delphi7\3p\ADX\packages\delphi7\adxolFormmanager.pas.
This file was installed in c:\Delphi7\3p\ADX\packages\source\
if I copy it to the delphi7 directory it shows as garbage.

I have just checked our customers database and found out that you purchased the NET version of ADX Extensions, probably by mistake. Please contact our sales department for replacing your registration code.

After install when I start Delphi I get this error, Cant load packge adxwizardd7.bpl. Registration procedure Register 2000.Register in borland\delphi7\bin\dcloffice2k70.bpl raised exception class error. A class named TWordApplication already exists.

To solve this problem see Nicholas's post above and the following post:
http://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=1&TID=29

P.S. Note that we take up your forum requests in the order we receive them.
Besides, it may take us some time to investigate your issue. Please be sure we will let you know as soon as the best possible solution is found.

Posted 04 Dec, 2006 05:51:18 Top
Abdul Basit

AccuPlan developer

OK guys this is getting VERY VERY frustrating. Installed both VCL and ADX on a different machine using the new key.

I can't even compile the add in express VCL demos if I select Build with source in the compiler search path.

All source files open encripted.

This is the error message
-------------
Build
[Fatal Error] File not found:
'D:\Delphi7\3P\ADXExtensions\packages\delphi7\adxAddIn.pas'

After adding the Path to search libraries of where the source is I get the following errors
Build
[Error] adxAddIn.pas(1): Illegal character in input file: '˜' ($98)
[Error] adxAddIn.pas(1): Illegal character in input file: '?Â?Ô??' ($99)
[Error] adxAddIn.pas(1): Illegal character in input file: '?Â?Ð??' ($87)

Now that you know I am a paid user can you just send me this source file un-encripted or would it violate some kind of law.

Posted 07 Dec, 2006 00:58:13 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Abdul,

I think you used the same registration code for activating Add-in Express VCL and ADX Extensions for Microsoft Outlook.

Please do the following steps:
- uninstall ADX Extensions for Microsoft Outlook and Add-in Express VCL;
- install Add-in Express VCL using the registration code started with YW5 characters;
- after installation open any demo project and try to compile it;
- install ADX Extensions for Mirosoft Outlook using the registration code started with 82E characters;
- after installation open the Outlook Extending Addin demo project (Start Menu -> All Programs -> Add-in Express -> ADX Extensions VCL for Microsoft Outlook -> Demo Projects -> Outlook Extending Addin) and try to compile it;

Looking forward to your reply.

Posted 07 Dec, 2006 05:16:12 Top
Abdul Basit

AccuPlan developer

Thank you Dmitry.
Posted 05 Jan, 2007 10:31:28 Top