Installation issues.

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Installation issues.
Can't install the latest version because it is saying already installed. 
Dave O'Brien

I have the latest installation exe, but it says Add-in Express is already installed. Please uninstall. This is not how our systems are configured, we do not install the packages, they are in a repository. But someone needs to install to that repository. I cannot uninstall because there is no install to uninstall.

Can you tell me what the install is checking for to say it can't install please. I can then hide that during the install.
Posted 01 Oct, 2020 21:57:49 Top
Dave O'Brien

Never mind thanks. I found the correct registry key.
Posted 01 Oct, 2020 22:04:51 Top
Dave O'Brien

Except that now my registration doesn't work. :-(
Any idea why registration fails with the latest version?

adxvcl-v903-b1660-pro
Posted 01 Oct, 2020 22:23:43 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Dave,

It looks like our activation server was down for a while. I see that now it works. Can you try this again?

Please follow the suggestions below:

- Close all Visual Studio instances and make sure there's no devenv.exe processes hanging in the Processes tab of the Task Manager window before you start the installer.
- Make sure you are an administrator on the PC.
- Set UAC to its default level.
- In Control Panel | System | Advanced | Performance | Settings | Data Execution Prevention, set the "... for essential Windows programs and services only" flag.
- Remove the following registry key, if it exists:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Add-in Express\{product identifier} {version} {package}
Run setup.exe, not .MSI. If this is applicable, run setup.exe by right clicking it and choosing ?Â?Ð?ìRun as administrator?Â?Ð?í in the context menu.

If the above steps did not help, please restart your machine and run the installer. If the error persists, turn your antivirus software off for a while, install the product, and then turn the antivirus on again.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 02 Oct, 2020 02:15:20 Top
Dave O'Brien

Still failing: "The license key you have entered is either incorrect or does not match the product package you are installing."

adxvcl-v903-b1660-pro.exe

Add-in Express ™ for Microsoft Office and Delphi VCL.

I would like to install this for Delphi 10.4 only, we need the previous versions to remain the same. We install to a subst drive that changes with each Delphi version, and the Delphi Reg keys change as well.
Posted 04 Oct, 2020 15:13:45 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Dave,

Oh, I'm sorry; I should have noticed this earlier: you need to download the Standard, not the Professional. The file name must be adxvcl-v903-b1660-std.exe, not adxvcl-v903-b1660-pro.exe.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 05 Oct, 2020 01:50:24 Top
Dave O'Brien

Thanks, that worked.
Is there a version with Source Code?
Posted 05 Oct, 2020 21:22:59 Top
Svetlana Cheusheva

Add-in Express team

Hello Dave,

We never include any source code in our trial versions, nor do we provide a version with source code for trial. I believe you understand the reason :)

Kind regards,
Svetlana Cheusheva
Posted 06 Oct, 2020 09:14:49 Top
Dave O'Brien

Of course not, for trials. I meant which version of "Add-in Express ?Â?Ô?? for Microsoft Office and Delphi VCL" comes with source when purchased. Standard doesn't appear to.
Posted 06 Oct, 2020 15:58:38 Top
Svetlana Cheusheva

Add-in Express team

Hello Dave,

Sorry, I misinterpreted your question.

Full source code (run-time and design-time) is included with the Premium subscription. Having this code, you can completely rebuild our run-time and design-time assemblies.

Professional subscription includes run-time source code. However, it is delivered without a project file, that is why it will not compile.

You can find the most complete list of all features and services included in each subscription in the
https://www.add-in-express.com/add-in-delphi/featurematrix.php.

Kind regards,
Svetlana Cheusheva
Posted 07 Oct, 2020 05:47:09 Top