Adding different ribbon context menus to different Explorer views

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Adding different ribbon context menus to different Explorer views

Andrew Lockwood

I have successfully added a TadxRibbonContextMenu control which adds a custom item to the popup menu when I am displaying mail items in an Explorer.

However, I want to add a different item to the popup menu when the Explorer is showing a calendar.

I have added a second TadxRibbonContextMenu to my project, added my new menu item and set the Outlook.Explorer.ContextMenuCalendarItem and msrOutlookExplorer properties, but it doesn't appear.

I tried disabling the msrOutlookExplorer property on my original TadxRibbonContextMenu, which stopped my original TadxRibbonContextMenu from working (as I expected), but my new one still did not appear.

Also, it appears that if I have two TadxRibbonContextMenus with the msrOutlookExplorer set, neither of them work.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Posted 16 Mar, 2020 02:17:31 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andrew,

There's something that you do incorrectly. See http://temp.add-in-express.com/support/VclOutlookaddin1-AndrewLockwood.zip.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 16 Mar, 2020 04:08:03 Top
Andrew Lockwood

Thanks for the reply. But I don't understand. There doesn't seem to be anything in that project that relates to the question I asked. In fact, it doesn't appear to do anything!
Posted 16 Mar, 2020 10:12:57 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andrew,

I might understand your question incorrectly. I've understood it so that you have a problem related to customizing two context menus; my test project demonstrates how to do this and also shows there's no problem in my case.

Your comment makes me think I don't know what your project does. Could you help me understand this?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 17 Mar, 2020 01:08:16 Top
Andrew Lockwood

I think you understand correctly.

But there was nothing in the project you sent me. No controls, no code apart from the basic addin functionality. It was just an empty addin as far as I can see.
Posted 17 Mar, 2020 08:46:48 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andrew,

That was my fault; I'm sorry for this. Here's another version of it:

http://temp.add-in-express.com/support/VclOutlookaddin1-AndrewLockwood2.zip

Andrei Smolin
Posted 17 Mar, 2020 08:49:59 Top
Andrew Lockwood

Still having problems with this. I have built the project and registered it, but I get an error saying:

Load Behaviour: Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM AddIn.

Any idea why that might be?
Posted 27 Mar, 2020 04:53:41 Top
Andrew Lockwood

Ignore that. I changed the output directory to the normal addins folder, and it works now.
Posted 27 Mar, 2020 04:56:30 Top