Add Item to Popup Menu in Outlook 2016

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add Item to Popup Menu in Outlook 2016
Is it possible to add an Item to a Popup Menu in Outlook 2016 
Andrew Lockwood

Ah, in my previous post, I should have typed "provide info on how to customize context menus in ..." rather than "describe customizing context menus in...". Sorry for confusion.

I followed your advice to someone else, but it does not appear to answer his question, or mine.

I am able to successfully add an item to a popup menu in Outlook 2010 (the menu you get when you right click on an item in a Mail Explorer window).

However, the popup menu item does not appear when I use the same plugin in Outlook 2016.

The PDF refers to 2003, 2010 and 2019 but does not, as far as I can see, mention 2016.

So I have two questions. Firstly, is it actually possible to add an item to the popup menu in 2016? If so, what do I need to change in my code to get it to work?

Thanks.
Posted 28 Nov, 2019 04:10:07 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Andrew,

Here's a citation from section Step #10 ?Â?Ð?ã Customizing Context Menus in Outlook; see the PDF file in the folder {Add-in Express}\Docs on your development PC:

===
Also, you can customize many Ribbon-based context menus in Outlook 2010-2019. Find the TadxRibbonContextMenu component on the Tool Palette and drop it on the add-in module. The component allows specifying Ribbons that supply context menu names for the ContextMenuNames property. You use the ContextMenuNames property editor to choose the context menu(s) that will display your custom controls specified in the Controls property.
===

Here's an add-in showing a custom ribbon button on that context menu: http://temp.add-in-express.com/support/VCLAddin2.zip.

To find out the name of that context menu, I've installed the .NET based add-in described at https://www.add-in-express.com/creating-addins-blog/2015/04/15/creating-office-context-menu-addin/. The add-in adds a button to all context menus; the button's caption is the context menu name; clicking the button puts the context menu name and also the type name of the context object to the Clipboard; here's what I get:

Context menu name = "ContextMenuMailItem"
Context object type name="Selection"

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader

If that procedure doesn't work for you, please provide some code.
Posted 28 Nov, 2019 04:58:08 Top
Andrew Lockwood

Thanks. Only just seen this, but I will investigate.
Posted 03 Dec, 2019 12:04:21 Top