How to release secman.dll with Microsoft Outlook launched

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

How to release secman.dll with Microsoft Outlook launched

Fisc Ambal

Hello All ,

I am using secman.dll for my outlook application that i have done i have the next problem.

I run my "outlook application" which creates a new instance of "Microsoft outlook" WITH "Microsoft outlook" application launched, after that i close my "Outlook application" which is supposed too to release secman.dll but "Microsoft Outlook" is locked secman.dll and i can do anything with secman.dll i have to to close "Microsoft Outlook" to release definitivly secman.dll.

If for example i run my application without "Microsft Outlook" application launched , my "Outlook application" creates a new instance of "Microsoft outlook" which release secman.dll properly.

I want to known if somebody have been to my situation whose can help me to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Wilfried :)
Posted 26 Oct, 2006 12:58:40 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi,

I don't think it is a problem. The dll was loaded in the Outlook process and when you close Outlook the dll will be unloaded by Outlook itself. May be I misundersood you and you have some other problem?

Posted 27 Oct, 2006 06:44:14 Top
Fisc Ambal

Hi

Thank for your answer Dmitry.

Sounds good , this is true in the case if it's my own application which created the Outlook process (without UI) but another case if the user lauch Outlook process I mean (UI) then in this case the secman.dll is locked even if i close my application secman.dll stay locked.

The problem is linked to "Microsoft Outlook" UI.

I want too to add that my application kill Outlook process on close if the process was created by my application ,another case if the process was lauched by user (UI) it continues to be alive and in this case too secamn.dll is locked.

Fisc
Thank.
Posted 27 Oct, 2006 09:07:53 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Fisc,

Thank you for the explanation. We will try to implement the feature you need in the next version of Outlook Security Manager.

Posted 30 Oct, 2006 06:34:21 Top