Different design in Excel and Word

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Wolfgang Denz

We have a plugin for Word, Excel and Outlook (the same plugin for all) and in Excel some parts of the plugin-form are shown different to the other Office-products.
We have a treeview-component which items are in Excel shown with +-sign in a box, in the other Office-programs the same component shows the items as a >-sign.

Where does this behaviour come from?

Best regards
Wolfgang
Posted 22 Nov, 2018 04:54:45 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Wolfgang,

What tree view component are you using? If this is a non-standard component, you need to contact the vendor.

If you use the standard tree view, this issue may relate to using this or that COMCTL32 version; check https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/controls/cookbook-overview. A different COMCTL32 might be loaded due to a command in the manifest or by another add-in.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 22 Nov, 2018 07:30:54 Top
Wolfgang Denz

Hello Andrei,

we use only standard VCL-components and the treeview is just an example. Buttons and comboboxes are rendered different as well. I don't think its related to different comctl32-versions, as the different style happens on the same computer. Only difference is the plugin loaded in Excel or Word/Outlook.

The plugin is the same in all cases and loaded into all office-applications, showing allways the same form.

Regards
Wolfgang
Posted 22 Nov, 2018 07:40:43 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Wolfgang Denz writes:
I don't think its related to different comctl32-versions, as the different style happens on the same computer.

Yes, I talk about different COMCTL32 versions loaded in different processes on the same computer; have a look in C:\Windows\WinSxS.

Try to turn all other add-ins off. If this doesn't help, check that page and modify the manifest.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 22 Nov, 2018 07:52:15 Top