TadxOlFormsCollectionItem.CreateForm: List index out of bounds (-1)

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

TadxOlFormsCollectionItem.CreateForm: List index out of bounds (-1)

Nelson Fernandez

I can replicate this by simply navigating through my emails.

I'm using the latest add-in library and OL 2016.

Steps:

1) install add-in
2) go to a folder with many emails (ie. inbox)
3) click message to make it 'pop out'
4) repeatedly navigate next/previous using the arrows (see screenshot, marked in red box)

User added an image

5) eventually the errors happens in this order:

First error:
Caught Exception: A component named olfLPInfo_3 already exists (Note: number may be different)

Second Error:
coBMCOutlook error (TadxOlForm.CreateEx): the add-in has fired an exception. A component named olfLPInfo_3 already exists

Third Error:
Caught Exception: DoInspectorWindowShow: TadxOlFormsCollectionItem.CreateForm: List index out of bounds (-1)

Fourth Error:
coBMCOutlook error (DoInspectorWindowShow): the add-in has fired an exception.
DoInspectorWindowShow: TadxOlFormsCollectionItem.CreateForm: List index out of bounds (-1)

Your help is appreciated.

Nelson
Posted 25 Oct, 2018 13:50:19 Top
Alexander Solomenko

Hi Nelson,

The error occurs in the constructor of your form with one of your components (the text of the exception reads as follows " A component named olfLPInfo_3 already exists "). Because Add-in Express wraps a call to the constructor of your form in a try except block, you see this message.
Regards,
Aleksandr Solomenko
Posted 29 Oct, 2018 04:05:23 Top
Nelson Fernandez

Alexander Solomenko writes:
(the text of the exception reads as follows " A component named olfLPInfo_3 already exists ").

Alexander, thank you for your reply.

"olfLPInfo" is the name of the form itself, not a component on the form. I can agree it is happening when attempting to construct the form. It was my assumption the add-in-express adxOLFormManager was responsible for managing the forms creation/destruction. My Form.Create event is empty.

Am I supposed to somehow check if the form exists and then do something in my constructor to avoid it?

It doesn't happen on Explorer windows as far as I know. It has only been reported and replicated when navigating Inspector windows.
Posted 30 Oct, 2018 11:57:16 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Nelson,

We cannot reproduce this issue. Could you please create a new add-in with a new empty form shown in the same region and try to reproduce the issue? Does it persist?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 31 Oct, 2018 06:22:37 Top