Outlook Add-In problem

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Add-In problem

Tom Andrecht

I'm working on a .dll project using Outlook Add-In, and for the most part it is working quite well. However, I have noticed that after installing the .dll file, a lot of functionality in Outlook seems to be slowed down (new email screen used to open instantly, now takes about 3 seconds every time), especially if the default editor of MS Word is selected. Would this be due to the way the Outlook Add-in code works, or could I have something wrong with the way mine is written? Thanks

Tom
Posted 16 Oct, 2006 13:40:25 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Tom,

What our product(s) do you use?

If you use Add-in Express VCL, you can set true to the FastCommandBarSearch property to speed up the Outlook Inspector.

procedure TAddInModule.adxCOMAddInModuleAddInInitialize(Sender: TObject);
begin
  Self.FastCommandBarSearch := True;
  // ...
end;

Posted 16 Oct, 2006 14:07:51 Top
Tom Andrecht

Ok, I put that line in, and got back the error message "Project Outlook.exe raised an exception class EOleException with message 'The parameter is incorrect'.... Would this affect potentially other pieces of my code that now break with enabling this, or is there potentially another problem that I'm not currently aware of? Thank You.
Posted 16 Oct, 2006 14:18:54 Top
Tom Andrecht

Forgot to mention, I'm working in Delphi 7 with Add-In Express 2.4
Posted 16 Oct, 2006 14:20:06 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Tom,

Could you please send me your project (or some test project with the same behavior) for testing. What MS Office version do you have installed?

Posted 16 Oct, 2006 14:22:59 Top