Problem Registering/Enabling DLL with Excel

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Problem Registering/Enabling DLL with Excel

George Spears

Hello,
Add-In Express for VCL, Delphi XE6, Win 7. Existing application... running as a COM add-in on Excel. Up to now, reasonable well behaved applicable that I wrote. I had a spreadsheet opened. I ran functionality in my plugin that looped through all rows. There was something odd in the spreadsheet (due to the way I had copied and pasted into that sheet), because it thought there was almost 1 million rows. I tried to exit gracefully, but could not, so I brought up Task Manager and killed Excel. I restart Excel, and my plugIn no longer shows up. I try to re-enable via COM AddIn Window, but could not. I uninstall via Control Panel, and reinstall (as I had made an installer). Still no plugIn. I go to a CMD window as Administrator, and regsrv32 -u. DLL is unregistered. I register DLL, and it appears fine. I bring up Excel, and I still don't see my plugIn. (As it has it's own Ribbon tab).

In Excel (2010), I go to File/Options/AddIns, Manage Com Add-Ins. I see my plugIn listed, but it is not checked. I click on my plugIn. Load behaviour is listed as: Unloaded. I add a checkmark to my plugIn, and click the OK button. The Com Add-Ins window goes away. If I go back to the window, my plug-In is still listed, but again, it is no longer checked. When I uninstall my plugIn, it no longer shows up on the Excel Com AddIns window. I reInstall... It now shows up as a COM addIn, but not enabled.

I am not getting any error messages.
Any ideas what is going on?
Posted 16 Feb, 2015 08:47:09 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello George,

Please check File | Options | Add-ins. Under what category do you see your add-in listed? If Disabled Application Add-ins, then open the Disabled Items dialog and re-enable the add-in.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 16 Feb, 2015 09:40:35 Top
George Spears

OK, that was it. I was seeing it listed under COM AddIns, and didn't scroll down to the Disabled AddIns section.

Thanks
Posted 16 Feb, 2015 10:02:20 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

You are welcome.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 17 Feb, 2015 04:47:16 Top