Information bubble

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Information bubble
Information bubble in System Tray 
willem van Zyl

Is is possible to access the information bubble of Outlook that appears above the system tray like for e.g. if a new mail arrives.

What I would like to do is notify the user when a process is complete that my Addin has performed. ShowMessage or MessageDlg can also work but can become annoying if the user will have to click OK the whole time. The idea is to have a "by the way" information
Posted 10 Jul, 2006 16:29:01 Top
Nicholas Glasier

This is an alert window, and I don't know if it's built into Outlook or not, but I think its a Windows system object. If you are using vcl then the Jedi vcl have a TjvDesktopAlert component that you could use in your program. If you have the Jedi vcl installed it's on the dialogs page along with a TjvDektopAlertStack component. ElPack and TMS also have such a component but they are not freeware like Jedi is.

Regards nick
Posted 10 Jul, 2006 17:59:53 Top
willem van Zyl

Thnx, I have Shell+ components which looks to do the trick. I do tend to stay clear of open source components with the commercial development that I do (hence the purchase of Adx)
Posted 10 Jul, 2006 18:45:46 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Is is possible to access the information bubble of Outlook that appears above the system tray like for e.g. if a new mail arrives.

The Outlook Object Model doesn't provide any methods to access this notification window.

Posted 11 Jul, 2006 06:20:15 Top