Keyboard shortcuts in Word

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Keyboard shortcuts in Word
Can't get them to work 
Nicholas Glasier

Hi,

Using Addin-Express VCL 2.5 with Delphi 7 pro.

I've written an addin for Microsoft Word that lets the user assign text to a tadxKeyboardShortcutControl at runtime. The text is selected from a combobox on a form. The combobox contains the same list as displays in the property ShortCutText in the object Inspector.

The control is enabled and its OnAction event is assigned but nothing happens when I use the Shortcut keys that I've assigned. I've run the built in Macro to get get a list of words commands and shortcut keys so I know the sequence selected is not already assigned to something else (nothing else is happening anyway).

Is there something else I should be doing?

Is it possible to assign any other text to this property? (Other than the text in the properties combobox list) I tried assigning Ctrl+9 at design time, and the control seemed to accept it Ok, but it didn't work at run-time either.

TIA Nick
Posted 19 Jun, 2006 18:35:53 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nick,

We fixed the bug in 258 build of Add-in Express. Please download and install the latest Add-in Express VCL version.

Posted 20 Jun, 2006 05:20:42 Top
Nicholas Glasier

Thanks for that Dmitry, I'll download and try. Can you give me a brief explanation of how the shortcut text is processed. Do I have to stick to the list in the Object inspectors ShortcutText property, or can I add any valid text e.g Ctrl+9 etc. Word uses most of the ones listed already.

TIA Nick
Posted 20 Jun, 2006 08:40:50 Top
Nicholas Glasier

Hi again,

just downloaded and installed build 260 VCL for Delphi 7 pro, but the shortcut keys are still not working. I'm testing on Office 2003 (11.6568.6568) SP. My test key at the moment is Shift+F9 which is not supposed to be assigned to anything else in Word.

TIA Nick
Posted 20 Jun, 2006 09:03:50 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nick,

I have just created a simple add-in for Word and tested the Shift+F9 and Ctrl+9 shortcuts. Everything works on my side. Send me please your project for testing.

Posted 20 Jun, 2006 09:34:31 Top
Nicholas Glasier

Hi Dmitry,
I made my own sample with just a couple of buttons and the shortcuts worked for that. The project that didn't was done early last year, and includes a number of third party controls like ElPack, SILang and AVLock, so sending you a copy would not work. I'm going to redo the Add-in Express part of the project and if that works I'll copy and paste the code for the the rest of it. I'll let you know what happens.

Regards Nick
Posted 21 Jun, 2006 05:39:27 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi Nick,

Ok. Please remember about the TAddInModule.HandleShortcuts property.

Posted 21 Jun, 2006 09:14:27 Top