How to add and use panes

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

How to add and use panes

Russell Belding

I am trying to read the manual to learn how to add panes and eventuallu drop a delphi form onto a pane.
Step #13 ?Â?Ð?ã Adding Custom Task Panes for Word 2000-2013
?Â?Ð?? add a Word Task Panes Manager (TadxWordTaskPanesManager) to your add-in module (see )OK I can do this.
?Â?Ð?? add an Add-in Express Word Task Pane (TadxWordTaskPane) to your project using the New Items dialog OK I can do this
?Â?Ð?? in the visual designer available for the Controls collection of the manager, add an item to the collection, bind the pane to the item and specify an appropriate value in the Position. OK THis happens automatically. I do not bind anything.

When the item's properties are set, (I have done this)

For the notes below I am lost - what "label" and what "form"

you add a label onto the form, and write the code that updates it in the OnADXBeforeTaskPaneShow event handler of your form:
procedure TadxWordTaskPane1.adxWordTaskPaneADXBeforeTaskPaneShow(
ASender: TObject; Args: TadxBeforeTaskPaneShowEventArgs);
begin
Label1.Caption := (AddinModule as TAddInModule).GetInfoString();
end;
-----------------

In the AddInModule I have an adxCommandBar1 and an adxWordTaskPanesManager1 with Left and Right panes.
How do I get these panes to be controla of the CommandBar?
Posted 11 Apr, 2013 04:32:58 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

HEllo Russell,

Russell Belding writes:
?Â?Ð?? in the visual designer available for the Controls collection of the manager, add an item to the collection, bind the pane to the item and specify an appropriate value in the Position. OK THis happens automatically. I do not bind anything.

I think something goes wrong here. Can you please send me your porject to the support email address? Please find it in {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. And please, make sure that your email contains a link to this topic.

Russell Belding writes:
In the AddInModule I have an adxCommandBar1 and an adxWordTaskPanesManager1 with Left and Right panes.
How do I get these panes to be controla of the CommandBar?

Not sure if I understand this question. Can you please explain?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 11 Apr, 2013 07:44:27 Top