Outlook Toolbars won't turn off

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook Toolbars won't turn off
They come back on folder change or open inspector 
Advatel Company

Is there something that would stop the ADX Toolbars from turning off when you Unselect them from Outlook menus?

For Example:
1. On Inbox Folder and Toolbar is shown.
2. Right Click on toolbar and unselect it
3. Toolbar is gone
4. Change e-mails and it still isn't shown
5. Change folder to Sent items and the toolbar comes back.

Also does turning off a toolbar stop all of the events from happening or do we have to do our own check to see if the toolbars are visible/active
Posted 01 Jun, 2006 21:47:24 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

I would recommend using the TadxCommandBar component instead of TadxOLExplorerCommandBar because the last one is folder-dependent. Remember to set the TadxCommandBar.Temporary parameter to True.

Also does turning off a toolbar stop all of the events from happening or do we have to do our own check to see if the toolbars are visible/active

Which events do you mean?

Posted 02 Jun, 2006 05:50:18 Top
Advatel Company

I have used both the TadxOLExplorerCommandBar and the TadxOlInspectorCommandBar. I chose these as I only want the toolbars to appear on E-Mail and Contacts (for the time beeing).

If I change to the TadxCommandBar am I still able to select it to show for these items only? Also will TadxCommandBar replace Both TadxOLExplorerCommandBar and TadxOlInspectorCommandBar or do I have to keep the Inspector one seperate (altho the same problem is happening there, open a new inspector and the toolbar comes back).

Will unselecting the toolbar in outlook also stop events like "OnSelectionChange" and "Explorer/InspectorActivate"
Posted 04 Jun, 2006 18:58:34 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

If I change to the TadxCommandBar am I still able to select it to show for these items only?

Yes, you can change the Visible and Enabled properties in the TAddInModule.OnOLExplorerFolderSwitch event handler.

BTW, using the TadxCommandBar component you will be able to replace only the TadxOLExplorerCommandBar component (not TadxOlInspectorCommandBar).

Will unselecting the toolbar in outlook also stop events like "OnSelectionChange" and "Explorer/InspectorActivate"

No, these events will work after unselecting the toolbar.

Posted 05 Jun, 2006 05:10:53 Top