Single user license cover Desktop (Win7+Vmw-XP) and Laptop (Win7+Vmw-XP)?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Single user license cover Desktop (Win7+Vmw-XP) and Laptop (Win7+Vmw-XP)?

Rolf Lampa

Hi there,

I just bought a one developer license but I have a special problem regarding license.

I saw from the license.txt that I can install Add-in Express on one Desktop machine + Laptop (Windows7 boxes both of the them), which is what I need.

But, that isn't all. I also use a Vmware instance with D7 + D2007 for development of Bold Architecture applications. This is required because tyhe Delphi plugin "Bold for Delphi" (BfD) doesn't support Unicode or x64, and furthermore D7 doesn't seem to run on Win7. Plus the fact that my entire development environment for BfD development already resides on such a Vmw-XP-machine.

Would my single user license cover my needs as described above?

Best regards from Sweden,
// Rolf Lampa
Posted 24 Oct, 2012 07:15:02 Top
Svetlana Cheusheva

Add-in Express team

Hi Rolf,

Yes, you are entitled to install Add-in Express on several virtual machines.

I will briefly explain how the activation works. After you install and activate Add-in Express, our activation server associates your license key with a particular computer's hardware ID (which is a randomly generated combination of symbols based on hardware serial numbers). When installing on virtual machines, the hardware ID may or may not be the same. If it is the same, the server will record it as reactivation, no problem. If it happens to be different, please contact us and we will reset the activation counter for your license key.
Posted 24 Oct, 2012 09:23:44 Top
Rolf Lampa

Hi Svetlana,

Thank you for this good news! Now I know I can go about installing. <thumbs up>

// Rolf
Posted 24 Oct, 2012 10:13:54 Top