Using ActionsPanes in Word, Excel.

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Using ActionsPanes in Word, Excel.

Uwe Mock

Hello everybody,

is there an adx-samplecode to use ActionsPanes (not Taskpanes) for Word and Excel (2010)?

What I want to achieve:
Should look like Taskpanes but on a document-level. Switching documents should not mess with the actionpanes of any other document. When I switch back to a document I want to see the last state of actionpanes that were visible when the document became inactive.

I've tried to do this with taskpanes but I don't think that it is possible that way. At least closing a taskpane closes it in any document window that is currently open.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance,
Uwe
Posted 26 Sep, 2012 01:19:17 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Uwe,

I don't know if your requirements can be implemented. There's no Add-in Express product supporting document-level add-ins and Action Panes. These are supported by VSTO.

I suggest asking this question at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/threads.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 26 Sep, 2012 02:12:11 Top
Uwe Mock

Hello Andrei,

thanks for your reply.

Does this mean it cannot be done without VS?

Would it be possible to do it with taskpanes, created dynamically in the document-events? Perhaps with TadxCustomTakpane?

I don't want to save the taskpanes (or actionpanes) with the document. I just want to have every document its own set of taskpanes which are only used while the document is open.

Example: Two Word documents are open (A and B). User clicks i.e. "CheckIn" for Doc A. A Taskpane opens to ask for a comment to the users changes that is saved in the SVN on checkin along with the document. While the taskpane in Doc A is open clicking on Doc B should not open the same taskpane. That's all. :)

I'm just wondering if I'm getting on the wrong track with this approach.

Thanks in advance,
Uwe
Posted 27 Sep, 2012 00:56:12 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Uwe,

TadxCustomTakpane is a wrapper class managing Custom Task Panes. And a custom task pane is an ActiveX, you cannot create it at run time. Consider using Advanced Task Panes or showing different controls in the same custom task pane.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 27 Sep, 2012 03:56:50 Top