Cannot Open Clipboard Error

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Cannot Open Clipboard Error
Outlook Inspector, Word, Excel & Powerpoint 
David Golden

Hi,

I've released two separate add-ins to clients with some being on a terminal server, some not, mainly Using Office 2003.

And suddenly today (the add-ins have been released for weeks) they are receiving "Cannot Open Clipboard" errors when opening Outlook Inspectors (which is one of the add-ins) and also getting the same error when opening word, excel or powerpoint.

I've done a bit of googling but come up empty handed at the cause and I'm currently unable to replicate the issue.

Any Ideas?

While I'm typing I have another addin for Outlook that creates a new Outlook Store and sets the root folder to have the webview on. When selecting another folder after being on this root folder, all users get a blank explorer (ie where the inbox listing would usually be), until they click another folder. I've tried trapping this in code thinking its the webview not turning off correctly but that doesn't seem to be the issue, and haven't been able to find a way to correct it.

It drives me nuts, if you have any ideas on that I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

David Golden.
Posted 26 May, 2006 01:39:47 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi David,

And suddenly today (the add-ins have been released for weeks) they are receiving ...

What ADX version do you use? What Office version your client has installed?

While I'm typing I have another addin for Outlook that creates a new Outlook Store and sets the root folder ...

Please send me your project (or some test project with the same behavior) for testing.

Posted 26 May, 2006 03:30:53 Top
David Golden

Hi Dmitry,

They are using Office 2003 (on a Win Server 2003 Terminal Server) and I'm using the current public VCL release, 2.5.

I'll try to get a test project with the same behaviour to send.

EDIT: After about 5hrs of testing i've narrowed it down not the add-in itself but the page that is loaded. There is an IFrame in the webpage loaded by the folder with the Webview, and after some reading it seems that MS did an security update to Outlook to stop IFrames being used in email HTML Messages, but I don't believe that applies to webviews.

The IFrame contains a Transformed XML Doc. I'll send you a project with the webview set to a page with an IFrame anyways.

Thanks

David Golden.
Posted 28 May, 2006 18:03:21 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hi David,

Ok, thank you, I am interested to look at the project.

Posted 29 May, 2006 06:53:57 Top