Outlook 64 bit hangs, when open TadxOlForm

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Outlook 64 bit hangs, when open TadxOlForm

Jochen Gaisser

Hello,

i?ve programming an OL Addin for 64bit OL.
In 32 bit, it works fine, but in 64bit, when i open a Form, OL hangs ang gives no reponse.
I will send you my Project on Support.
I hope you see what i mean.

Thanks
Jochen
Posted 05 Mar, 2012 11:10:16 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Jochen,

We are unable to compile the project. Can you please minimize it? We would also like to know if the problem is reporducible using standard components. Is it possible?

It isn't recommended to use Application.ProcessMessages in Office add-ins. This is because the host application itself implements the functionality provided by this method. We've met situations in which using this method caused problems e.g. while a form is loading.

To isolate the problem, try commenting out (one by one) your code handling events OnShow, OnHide, OnClose and also similar event of the components (if any).

Also try using OnADXAfterFormShow, OnADXBeforeFormShow, OnADXAfterFormHide events instead of the events above.

Please let us know about your results.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 06 Mar, 2012 10:30:15 Top
Jochen Gaisser

Hello Andrei,

thanks for your support.
I tried to clean my Form of all DevExpress Components.
Now it works perfect. Thank you.

But the Mailform with InspectorLayout (itBottomSubpanel) works not correct.
OL hangs....
When we takte InspectorLayout (nothin) then the New Mailform opens, but may Form isnt shown....
Posted 07 Mar, 2012 09:47:54 Top
Dmitry Kostochko

Add-in Express team

Hello Jochen,

I have just created a small add-in project and tested the ilBottomSubpane layout against Outlook 2010 x64. Everything works fine on our side. Could you please resend the latest version of your project to me for testing? Do you have other add-ins installed in your Outlook?
Posted 08 Mar, 2012 05:54:28 Top