Preferred method to abort load of TaskPane?

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Preferred method to abort load of TaskPane?
How to terminate... 
George Spears

In my startup code for a taskpane, I need certain O/S files. I check for them in the initialization section of the *_IMPL.pas file... if they do NOT exist, I do not want to load/create my TaskPane. What is the proper method to unload/not create/abort/terminate a task pane? I still want the app (Excel or Word) to continue loading, just not with my plugin.

Thanks
George Spears
Posted 09 Dec, 2011 11:08:55 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello,

You cannot prevent your add-in from loading once the host application starts the load process. You can, however turn off the UI elements your add-in creates: in OnAddinInitialize and/or OnRibbonBeforeCreate you can delete all components from your add-in module and detach all event handlers.

Do I understand you correctly?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 09 Dec, 2011 11:41:25 Top
George Spears

Something happens when I hit the close button on my TaskPane. Could I just programatically "hit that button" or call whatever routine it calls? What would that be?

Thanks,
GS
Posted 09 Dec, 2011 12:06:04 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

George,

Please check the sample project labelled "How to set the visibility of Advanced Excel Task Pane" at http://www.add-in-express.com/support/addin-delphi.php#task-panes. Is this what you are looking for?

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 12 Dec, 2011 10:34:10 Top