taskpane not visible

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

taskpane not visible
operating system differences? 
Michael M?ller

Hello Andrei,
we use to the latest Word 2003 11.8169.8172 SP3!

we have tested out your explanation. In Windows 7 we can reproduce the function is right. But under windows 10 pro the taskpane is not starting directly.
Windows 7 is running all with -> Taskpane is visible !
Windows 10 pro:
1. Word start standolone -> Taskpane is visible
2. Open document file *.doc -> Taskpane is visible
3. Word is active and open *.wml/xml file -> Taskpane is visible
Issue:
4. Open *.wml/xml file (word and addinexpress is starting) -> Taskpane is NOT visible, is hidden!
In this case we only can implement a button to show our taskpane with: AddinModule.CurrentInstance.SemanticTaskPanesCollectionItem.Enabled = true and the Taskpane will be visible! But we want to have the Taskpane visibillity by start our *.wml documents!

We try out the same code add to AddinModuleAddinInitialize or AddinModuleAddinStartupComplete

What we could try to fix that issue?
Regardless
Karsten Seidel

Last communication with you from 2018 in december...

I've associated .WML with Word 2003 11.5604.3606 and I see my pane shown in the window displaying that document. I've used 9.2.4635.0; check the Version property on AddinExpress.MSO.2005 and AddinExpress.WD.2005 references in your add-in project. I've tested these scenarios:
- Word isn't started, I double-click the .DOC file - the pane shows up
- Word isn't started, I double-click the .WML file - the pane shows up
- Word is started, Document1 is opened - the pane is shown; I double-click the .WML file - the pane shows up
- Word is started, I double-click the .DOC file - the pane shows up; I double-click the .WML file - the pane shows up

I've installed SP3. Now I have Word 2003 11.8169.8172 SP3. The pane shows up in the scenarios above.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 09 Apr, 2019 09:34:05 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Michael,

(To all. Michael refers to the forum topic at https://www.add-in-express.com/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=15239.)

I've associated WML with Word. When I double-click the file you sent me previously, Word starts, opens the file and shows a warning: "The file has custom XML elements that are not longer supported in Word. Saving the file will remove these elements permanently". I click OK and my ADXWordTaskPane shows after that.

Please capture a video showing how the pane is shown when you double-click a file and how it isn't shown when you click a WML. Send the video to the support email address; see {Add-in Express installation folder}\readme.txt. You can use any free video capturing software on the web e.g. Jing.

Also please provide all the information that Word shows to the right of the About Word button; see File | Account.

Does starting Word shows the Startup screen for you? Or, starting it produces Document1? Do you have *all* other COM add-ins turned off? Is it possible that VBA macros in the normal template influence the issue?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 10 Apr, 2019 05:30:19 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Michael,

I should have said that I use Word Version 1904 (Build 11527.20004 Click-to-Run); this is an Office Insider build.

Also, if the pane doesn't show, call AddinExpress.WD.Log.ShowMessages() and send us the log.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 10 Apr, 2019 06:04:53 Top
Michael M?ller

Hello Andrei,

we can not use the newest word, because our tagging framework only support Word 2003 sp3.

Take care, the issued not showing taskpane by starting *.wml file under Word 2003 SP3 exist only in windows 10.

We have send you the mail with movie embedded. There you can see the first start of word without showing taskpane, but second document of *.wml file is starting with taskpane showing.

Thx Karsten
Posted 16 Apr, 2019 09:46:35 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Karsten,

Thank you for the video. I've passed all the info to our guys. This issue is now filed down under #15062 in our issue-tracking DB. Please use this number for further reference.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 16 Apr, 2019 10:06:04 Top
Michael M?ller

Hey Andrej,

thank you, can we have a status update. If that will be fixed?

regards Karsten
Posted 17 May, 2019 05:23:14 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Michael,

According to our records, the issue is fixed. It will be included in the upcoming build. Unfortunately the build is delayed ( = we won't publish it today) due to issues that we found out with the latest Windows build installed. We will try to publish it next week. I'll post a note here when the build is published.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 17 May, 2019 05:31:40 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hello Karsten and Michael,

Please find Add-in Express 9.3 published at https://www.add-in-express.com/downloads/adxnet.php.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 23 May, 2019 05:58:55 Top