customize adxregistrator.log file location

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

P?ri C

Is it possible to have a custom location and file name for adxregistrator.log? May be as a switch passed to the adxregistrator.exe?

Requirement: Since we have multiple add-ins, we don't want it to be overwritten.
Posted 16 Feb, 2011 14:05:09 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Posted 17 Feb, 2011 06:31:24 Top
P?ri C

Hi Eugene,

Didn't quite figure out from the example you attached.

Are you saying that adxregistrator.log also gets created at the same location configured by <logFileLocation> tag in the adxloader.dll.manifest?

Thank you
Posted 22 Feb, 2011 11:26:50 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi P?ri,

Nope. Please take a look at the custom actions stage in the setup project. The following arguments are passed to the adxregistrator.exe utility:

/install="MyAddin19.dll" /privileges=user /log="D:\11111\adxregistrator.log"

The /log key does the trick!
Posted 22 Feb, 2011 12:23:52 Top
P?ri C

Hi Eugene,

Thanks. It worked. I was even able to give windows folder variables like "%temp%".

I had one issue though. I was not able to change the name of the log file. Only if I named it as "adxregistrator.log" it worked. If it's not supported now, may be you can add it in a future release.

Thank you
Posted 22 Feb, 2011 14:29:20 Top
Sally Peck

Hi,

Tip or Possible work-around:

You could make it go to unique directories inside %temp% folder, such as %temp%\addin1\, %temp%\addin2 and so on.

Usually, if customer reports this issue, what you could do is make it go to \My Documents\Addin1, \My Documents\Addin2 and so on.

Thank you
Posted 22 Feb, 2011 16:55:55 Top
P?ri C

Hi Sally,

Thanks. That is what we have done now.
Posted 22 Feb, 2011 17:16:15 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi P?ri,

I had one issue though. I was not able to change the name of the log file. Only if I named it as "adxregistrator.log" it worked. If it's not supported now, may be you can add it in a future release.

This feature is implemented in the current intermediate build of Add-in Express 2010. We will publish a new build on our web site soon.
Posted 23 Feb, 2011 06:24:31 Top