Add button to standart "Home" ribbon group in the explorer window (Outlook 2010)

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Add button to standart "Home" ribbon group in the explorer window (Outlook 2010)

Masta Smooky

Hi all!
Can anybody answer me haw to add button to standart "Home" ribbon group in the explorer window (Outlook 2010)
Posted 18 Jan, 2011 07:03:07 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Masta,

Unfortunately the Ribbon UI (also known as Fluent UI) doesn't allow adding controls to the built-in groups. Instead, you can add your own group to the built-in tab. Does it suit you?
Posted 18 Jan, 2011 07:15:17 Top
Masta Smooky

Oh it's very bed :(
Maybe i can add my button to quick access toolbar?
Posted 18 Jan, 2011 07:18:55 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Masta,

Yes, you can add your own button to the QAT. Please use the AddinExpress.MSO.ADXRibbonQuickAccessToolbar component for such task. Also you can find a lot of useful info in the http://www.add-in-express.com/docs/net-ribbon-components.php section of the online documentation.
Posted 18 Jan, 2011 07:24:31 Top
Masta Smooky

Ok thanks. But i have another question i know that i need to set StartFromScratch value in module. But vat value from list i need to set for QuickAccessToolbar?
Posted 18 Jan, 2011 08:16:24 Top
Eugene Astafiev

Hi Masta,

You need to use the OutlookExplorer value if you want to add a quick access toolbar item to the Outlook explorer window.
Posted 18 Jan, 2011 11:56:21 Top