Weird Issue with Outlook 2007 and WebViewPane

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Weird Issue with Outlook 2007 and WebViewPane

Kevin Moore

Hi,

I am doing some testing with your Sample entitled "How to switch between the standard Outlook Explorer view and a custom form" because it is exhibiting some weird behaviour that is the same problem I am having with my add-in.

The problem appears after the following:

1. Click on the Inbox.
2. Click on the "Show WebViewPane" button.
3. Click on the Inbox again
4. The screen is blank until I click on the Inbox again to show my inbox

This problem occurs every time I follow those steps. It doesn't occur if I click on the "Hide WebviewPane" button.

Any ideas?
Posted 21 Jul, 2010 13:22:44 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Kevin,

I cannot reproduce this on Vista SP2 + Outlook 2007 SP2 + all updates. That is, when I click the "Show WebViewPane" button, the form is shown with no other actions from my side. Please try to debug the add-in.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 22 Jul, 2010 08:17:15 Top
Kevin Moore

Andrei,

Sorry, I'm not explaining properly what is happening. If I run the add-in everything appears ok, except when I want to close the add-in in some situations, the screen appears empty.

To reproduce the issue:

1. Make sure you click on your Inbox.
2. Click on the "Show WebViewPane" button and the form is loaded correctly.

Now to close or hide the add-in express form, I can either click on the "Hide WebViewPane" button or click a folder in my Personal Folders list. If I click on the "Hide WebViewPane" button, the form hides correctly, if I click on any other folder, the form hides correctly, but if I click on the Inbox folder, there is an empty area of the window display and I have to click on the Inbox folder a second time in order for my emails to appear.

Kevin
Posted 22 Jul, 2010 09:27:23 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Kevin,

I cannot reproduce this with switchingwebviewpanevs2005vb.zip + Add-in Express 6.0.3043. When in Inbox, I open the pane. Then I switch to Drafts (the form is gone). Then I switch back to Inbox and see the list of e-mails.

What Add-in Express version are you using?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 22 Jul, 2010 12:24:47 Top
Kevin Moore

Andrei,

I am using the same version of Add-In Express, 6.0.3043.0. The issue occurs though if you don't switch to the Drafts folder. You need to start or select the Inbox folder to start, show the webviewpane and then click on the Inbox folder to hide the form, in my situation the Inbox doesn't show anything until I click on it a second time.

I'll try and put together a screencast showing what is happening.

Kevin
Posted 22 Jul, 2010 12:40:21 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

That would be perfect because I still unable to reproduce this.

Andrei Smolin
Posted 22 Jul, 2010 12:47:41 Top
Kevin Moore

Andrei,

I've uploaded an avi to our web-site, you can download it here: http://www.missinglinkprojectcenter.com/Downloads/Sample.zip

In the sample, you'll notice after I show the webviewpane, I click on the Inbox again and the screen goes blank, after I click on the inbox a second time, the headings are displayed for the inbox and unfortunately on my test machine I don't have any emails but you can see the headings being displayed.

Kevin
Posted 22 Jul, 2010 12:59:28 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Kevin,

Thank you very much for the video.

1. Unregister the sample add-in, right-click Inbox, choose Properties and on the Home Page tab specify an URL (say, www.google.com) in the Address field and check the "Show home page by default for this folder" field. Does the web page show up when you switch to Inbox?
2. Register the sample add-in and turn off all other COM add-ins and Exchange extensions. Is the issue reproducible?
3. The "imap..." folder, is it created by an add-in or is it an Exchange mail box?
4. Is it Outlook 2007 SP2?

Andrei Smolin
Posted 23 Jul, 2010 05:27:42 Top
Kevin Moore

Andrei,

To answer your questions:

1. Unregister the sample add-in, right-click Inbox, choose Properties and on the Home Page tab specify an URL (say, www.google.com) in the Address field and check the "Show home page by default for this folder" field. Does the web page show up when you switch to Inbox?

- I changed the address to www.google.ca and it did show up

2. Register the sample add-in and turn off all other COM add-ins and Exchange extensions. Is the issue reproducible?

- Yes it still occurs

3. The "imap..." folder, is it created by an add-in or is it an Exchange mail box?

- The imap folder is there because I have created an imap account

4. Is it Outlook 2007 SP2?

- I just applied SP2 and it still happens.
Posted 23 Jul, 2010 12:27:14 Top
Kevin Moore

Any updates?
Posted 27 Jul, 2010 08:37:41 Top