Unregister for Outlook

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Unregister for Outlook

Vadim

Hi !
I have the Add-in with several buttons added. Both toolbar and buttons have Temporary = false flag.
As a result, when addin is unregistered, it disappears for all office applications excluding Outlook. For Outlook main window the bar still visible but without functionality.
Please help me how to fix this issue.

Regards.
Vadim.
Posted 09 Dec, 2005 03:07:32 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi Vadim.

ADX doesn't support removing controls from Outlook during the unregistration process. I would advice you to use ADXOlExplorerCommandBar and ADXOlInspectorCommandBar components to add command bars in Outlook.
Also, it is desirable to set the Temporary property to true in these components. In this case Add-in Express will store the last positions of your command bars in the registry and then all controls will be removed from Outlook automatically.
Posted 09 Dec, 2005 08:32:18 Top

Thank you, you are right about Temporary flag. But, what to do with positions, they aren't stored in registry :( Subkey Positions created, but without any value. As a result, command bar always re-creates docked at top-left.
Posted 12 Dec, 2005 02:21:35 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi.

ADX stores positions of the ADXOlExplorerCommandBar and ADXOlInspectorCommandBar components only. These components are designed specially for Outlook.
Posted 12 Dec, 2005 07:19:07 Top