License Agreement

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

License Agreement
License 
m zelinski

I was thinking of using this control as part of a program I am creating to resell. Is it legal to use your control and distribute it as part of my program. Also, the program I am selling runs as a windows service (exe). Does this fit into what I am reading in the license.txt.

here is what your license states:
AFALINA grants to you as an individual, a personal, nonexclusive license to install and use the SOFTWARE for the sole purposes of designing, developing, testing, and deploying application programs which you create. If you are an entity, you must designate one individual within your organization to license the right to use the SOFTWARE in the manner provided herein.

Distributables. ONLY THE LEGALLY REGISTERED DEVELOPER IS LICENSED TO DISTRIBUTE ROYALTY-FREE AFALINA'S SOFTWARE AND ALL ACCOMPANYING VCL CONTROLS AS PART OF AN EXECUTABLE PROGRAM ONLY, subject to all of the conditions of this agreement.

Creating new components. You may use the SOFTWARE and related source code to create new VCL components for your company's internal use ONLY. THE SOURCE CODE, PACKAGES, LIBRARIES AND ALL RESULTING INTERMEDIATE FILES (DCU, OBJ, DLL, ETC.) ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY TRADE SECRETS OF AFALINA. YOU MAY NOT CREATE NEW 'VCL' COMPONENTS OR 'ACTIVE X' COMPONENTS, or ANY OTHER COMPONENT ARCHITECTURE, INCLUDING DLLs, FOR DISTRIBUTION OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMPANY IN ANY FORM, MANNER OR MEDIA OR USING ANY DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL, WHICH UTILIZES ALL OR ANY PORTION OF THE SOFTWARE AND ITS RELATED SOURCE CODE.

thanks, I will await your reply.
Posted 31 Oct, 2005 09:10:00 Top
Eugene Starostin

Hello Matt,

You can distribute our components (as assemblies) within your projects except the case if your projects is not .NET components. Of course, there is no royalty. :-)
Posted 01 Nov, 2005 16:56:21 Top