Addin does not display in Word

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Addin does not display in Word

Shawn Hickey

I have written an addin for Outlook that adds a toolbar to all message windows. I recently realized that the toolbar does not display in Word if you click "File > Send To > Mail Recipient." From reading other postings on this form, it looks as if it is supposed to show up (one guy even had a hard time making it not show up.) Is there something special you need to do to make it show?

Thanks
Shawn
Posted 26 Oct, 2005 14:38:57 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi, Shawn.

The problem is in the Outlook events. I mean the NewInspector and InspectorActivate events. This events don't occur when you click "File > Send To > Mail Recipient" or "File > Send To > Mail Recipient (as Attachment)" buttons in Word. However you can see your toolbar in Word if you click "File > Send To > Mail Recipient (for Preview)" button. In this case the events mentioned above are called. Unfortunately there is no universal solution to fix this bug. E.g. you can remove the "File > Send To > Mail Recipient" and "File > Send To > Mail Recipient (as Attachment)" buttons from Word using the add-in code. In this case the end user will not able to use this buutons at all. This is a rough solution but it is effectively. In this case the add-in should support both Outlook and Word applications.
Posted 27 Oct, 2005 08:13:02 Top