Word Add-in Events

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

Word Add-in Events
Startup and Shutdown Events not generated 
Dharmchand Dhingra

Hi,

i am developing an application in which i want to open custom task pane. I am able to add ADX Word Task pane in application. But when i run application then task pane is not displaying.

And No any Startup and Shutdown events generated in addin-express Like in VSTO or Share-Addin.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Dharmchand Dhingra
Posted 19 Nov, 2009 06:53:49 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Dharmchand,

I guess you develop a COM add-in using Add-in Express, not a standalone application. Please see the following section in the manual: Advanced Custom Task Panes.

As to the events, please see AddinInitialize, AddinStartupComplete, AddinBeginShutdown, and AddinFinilize events.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 19 Nov, 2009 07:28:31 Top
Dharmchand Dhingra

Hi Andrei, thanks for quick response.

I am reading about Add-in Express documents. I want to know that, is i need to write all these Events(AddinInitialize, AddinStartupComplete, AddinBeginShutdown, and AddinFinilize events) or it will be auto generate like in VSTO and Share-Addin?

Regards
Dharmchand Dhingra
Posted 19 Nov, 2009 07:39:43 Top
Andrei Smolin

Add-in Express team

Hi Dharmchand,

Click the designer surface of the add-in module (in order to select it), then, in the Properties window, switch to events and add an event handler to the event desired. I wonder if I answer to your question.

Andrei Smolin
Add-in Express Team Leader
Posted 19 Nov, 2009 09:41:41 Top