New user question

Add-in Express™ Support Service
That's what is more important than anything else

New user question
Sample project 
Fred Ferrara

I purchased the Prof edition of Add-in Express for .Net. Walking through the sample of creating a new "ADX COM Add-in" project. I walk through the simple steps and DO NOT get the properties described in the walk-though. I can't get the name property and don't see any settings for the host application.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Fred

Posted 16 Oct, 2005 10:42:23 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi, Fred.

Are you able to open the designer of the addinmodule (double click on the AddinModule.cs)?
Posted 16 Oct, 2005 11:29:26 Top
Fred Ferrara

Thanks Sergey for the reply.

Yes, I can open it in the "Solutions view" like the demo shows, select properties, and only get a properties box with two changable fields.

-- Build Action
-- Custom Tool
-- Filename
-- Full Path

Nothing the demo shows???

the module is addinmodule.vb (.cs is not used for VB .net) correct??

When I selct properties for this module I only get the above fields... Not sure why I can't get the simplist demo to work..... a little frustrating.

Appreciate your help.
-Fred

Posted 16 Oct, 2005 17:45:55 Top
Sergey Grischenko

Add-in Express team

Hi, Fred.

Just right click on the AddinModule.vb in the Solution Explorer. Then choose the "View in Designer" option of the Context menu. Now you should see the designer of the addinmodule. Right click on the designer and choose the "Properties" option of the context menu of the designer. You will see the "Properties" window (that looks like the Solution Explorer) with all properties of the addinmodule. Let me know if you need any screenshots to solve this issue.
Posted 17 Oct, 2005 07:02:03 Top
Fred Ferrara

Thank you! That did the trick.

Thanks again,
Fred
Posted 17 Oct, 2005 20:48:14 Top